The Master of Arts in Christian Ministries degree is a professional credential designed to prepare women and men for competent leadership in specialized ministries in their faith communities. The degree seeks to develop the general theological understanding required as a basis for specialized ministries and nurture the practical abilities and skills needed for that particular ministry form.
- Demonstrate a fundamental grounding in theological studies and be able to locate their specialized vocation in the larger context of the Christian heritage and calling.
- Understand contextual and cultural dynamics related to human and ecclesial needs, modes and models of response, and relevant resources specific to settings in ministry.
- Possess specific competencies related to their areas of ministry that enable them to contribute more effectively to their faith communities and institutions.
- Practice the values inherent to learning community in which critical and constructive insight is valued and the content and dynamic aspects of specialized ministries assessed in a collegial manner.
- Commit to cultivate holy love of God and neighbor demonstrated by a knowledge of and practice in the Christian disciplines including works of service, with particular attention to a Wesleyan understanding of the means of grace.
|Hrs||Course ID||Course Name|
|3||CD501||Vocation of Ministry (must be taken in initial 21 hrs at ATS)|
|3||MS501||Missional Formation (must be taken in initial 21 hrs at ATS)|
|3||NT(IBS)510/511||NT(IBS)510 Matthew -or- NT(IBS)511 Mark|
|3||TH501||Basic Christian Doctrine|
|3||WO510||Worship Leadership in the Church|
|3||PC510||Care of Persons|
|3||TH601||Theology of John Wesley|
|3||CD605||Gospel Catechesis: Transformative Discipleship [PRQ: TH501]|
|3||CH502||Church History Two|
|3||CL605||Christian Leadership Identity|
|3||MS708||World Religions and Mission|
|3||MM514 OR MM520||Mentored Ministry—One [PRQ: CD501, MS501]|
|3||MM614 OR MM620||Mentored Ministry—Two [PRQ: MM520/ MM514]|
|3||MM714 OR MM720||Mentored Ministry—Three [PRQ: MM520/514, MM620/614]|
|3||PR610||The Theology and Practice of Preaching [PRQ: NT(IBS)510 or 511, TH501]|