Institutional scholarships are available through Asbury Theological Seminary. Scholarships are highly competitive and priority consideration is given to those who have completed their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and who have been admitted by the Admissions Office by March 1.
Specific scholarships will be offered in the form of an invitation to those who meet the eligibility requirements. These scholarships include: Presidential, Dr. J. Ellsworth Kalas Pastoral and Postgraduate Support scholarships.
The Presidential Scholarship Program is a scholarship for Master of Divinity students involving academic criteria and leadership skills. These are merit-based scholarships covering up to 100% of tuition. Applicants are required to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and complete the Presidential Scholarship Application which includes a 500-word essay on how you anticipate seminary will equip you for future leadership.
- Undergraduate cumulative 3.75 GPA
- Maintain full-time student status (21 hours annually)
- Maintain a 3.75 GPA
- Demonstration of faithful involvement in a local worship community, as well as the Seminary community
- Participation in at least four (4) Christian service activities a year
- Commitment to enter into active ministry (requiring 20 hours/week commitment) following graduation or completion of other academic work
Dr. J. Ellsworth Kalas Pastoral Scholarships
The Dr. J. Ellsworth Kalas Pastoral Scholarship is a $12,000 annual award. Applicants are required to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), the Asbury Financial Aid Application, and complete the Kalas Scholarship Application, which includes a 500-word essay on how your intended vocational goal and this scholarship will better enable you to accomplish the desires God has set forth upon your heart and life.
- Seek theological training leading to a degree
- Plan to serve in full-time pastoral ministry in the local church, prepare for church planting, or prepare to serve as a missionary.
- Demonstrate financial need
- Maintain full-time student status at Asbury Seminary’s Kentucky or Florida Dunnam Campus.
Postgraduate Support Scholarships are available to Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Theology students based on criteria of merit and need. Scholarships can cover 25, 50, 75, or 100 percent of tuition; however, Master of Theology students will not be considered for full-tuition scholarships. Applicants are required to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), the Asbury Financial Aid Application, and complete a Postgraduate Support Scholarship Application, including a 1000-word essay describing their passion for research and how it will equip them for the future.
Scholarships that do not require an invitation are referred to as Special Scholarships. These are generated from either Endowed or Restricted funds. Recipients of Special Scholarships must represent strong promise for Christian ministry and demonstrate a financial need. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will serve as the application for these scholarships.