May 2017 Events
Summer Hebrew Tutorial
You’re welcome to choose any one of the following packages, but you’ll probably be more interested in the first:
1. Hebrew Refresher ($100): To re-familiarize former students and/or alumni with Hebrew as a “refresher” course. Participants at this level have access to the standard tutorial classroom experience and course resources, but without evaluation in the form of homework, quiz, or exam grading. Since many alumni would likely find attending an on-campus tutorial to be difficult, we are willing to consider offering online tutorial resources and some interaction. Anyone interested in this possibility should contact Jim Wilson (email@example.com
2. Hebrew Prep ($300): To acquaint future students with OT501 so that they are better prepared to take it in the near future. Participants at this level have access to the standard classroom experience, course resources, evaluation methods (assignments and quizzes), and one hour of “Reading Group” time per week.
3. Hebrew for Competency ($500): To help more aggressive students prepare to test out of OT501 at the end of the summer. Participants at this level have access to the standard classroom experience (including lecture videos from the current Hebrew Teaching Fellow), course resources, evaluation methods (assignments, quizzes, midterm exam, and competency/final exam), one hour of Reading Group time per week, and one hour of tutoring per week. Note: passing the Hebrew Competency exam is not guaranteed with this package.
Tennent Tours 2017
Dr. Tennent is coming to a town near you!
Join us on the Wilmore Kentucky campus for a Renewal Retreat!
Renewal Retreats are individual, personalized retreats tailored around your chosen intention (needs and longings) for getting away. For each retreat we thoughtfully draw from the formation-rich environment of the Asbury Seminary community and craft personalized days to move you slowly through formative experiences aimed toward your intention for the retreat. Most retreats begin with a professional massage as well as a conversation with a personal trainer to discuss health and choose a gentle way to engage the body during the retreat. The other elements of your retreat are chosen to fit your request. These might include: conversation with faculty around scripture, discerning prayer times, thoughtful leadership advice, sharing in the Eucharist and participating in chapel, fasting in solitude, or delving into study.
The cost of renewal retreats varies depending on length of stay and activity participation. If you are interested in participating in this form of retreat, feel free to contact: Peg Hutchins, the Director of Community Formation, at (859) 858-2242 or Tammy Cessna, the Director of Alumni and Church Relations, at (859) 858-2306
Doctor of Ministry eLuncheons
Since not all students can come to campus for a preview, we’re coming to you. Join the Director of the Doctor of Ministry Program each Monday at noon (12:00 p.m.) Eastern Time to learn more.
The eLuncheon will last an hour or less. During the session, you will:
• Learn about the unique aspects of Asbury’s D.Min. program
• Chat about your dissertation project
• Learn about the Admissions process
• Discover ways to afford an Asbury D.Min.
• Ask your questions
• Get a $50 application fee waiver for attending!
Take a look at this video that describes Asbury Seminary’s Doctor of Ministry program: