The Christian Formation Process (CFP) is not happening at Asbury Theological Seminary only. Listen to the stories all around us. God creatively invites formation in every opportunity. Formation occurs for members of the Asbury community in many venues beyond seminary-related settings where they work or study. CFP is bigger than the Asbury experience, but we want to be intentional here. What is found below is an incomplete listing of opportunities for growing in Loving Community, Loving Transformation, and Loving Mission. Take advantage of these offerings, or create something of your own to make space for the formation God invites and you desire.
Opportunities for transformation abound at Asbury Seminary. New opportunities will be posted to your dashboard as they become available. In the meantime, you can read about currently available opportunities on our Community Formation page.
There are also many opportunities to engage in mission, both locally and abroad. Below are a few examples, with more to come soon.
- Beeson Foreign Scholar in Residence – Funding for Asbury faculty to teach abroad. Funding for international faculty to teach on an Asbury campus. (KY, FL)
- School wide service projects in spring and fall. (KY)
- Faculty Scholarship for Scholarly Presentations – Funding up to $500 is available by application for five faculty per year who are making major presentations in their guild. The goal is to encourage faculty to engage the professional culture and support work in respective disciplines. (KY, FL)
- Faculty Retreat/Departmental Retreats
- “Holy Conferencing”/Prayer Meetings – the chance for faculty to meet formally and informally has been a hallmark of the Asbury formation experience since the beginning of the seminary.
- “Asbury Connects” – Associated with the “Tennant Tours,” adjunct and ExL faculty are invited to participate in a day of shared meals, lectures, and other seminar experiences when the tour is close to their locations (starts August 2014)
- Women’s Communion – a monthly gathering of women for worship and Eucharist. All women welcome. (KY)
- New Room Groups – patterned after Wesleyan bands, these small groups meet to provide support in life and growth. Faculty are invited to participate. (KY)
- Faculty Community Events – Informal lunch gatherings in the Cafeteria, dinners, such as the Trustee-Faculty event, summer ice-cream breaks and watermelon breaks, etc. Watch for invitations! (KY,FL)
- Chapel services on Tues, Wed, Thursday and Eucharist at noon in Fletcher on Mon, Tues, Wed and Friday. (KY, FL, ExL by streaming media)