“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” Matthew 11:28-30, The Message
Pastors and Christian leaders involved in full-time ministry often need space for self-care and renewal. We invite full-time ministry leaders into a grace-filled experience that is personalized for your particular needs.
The Retreat Experience
Renewal Retreats are individual, personalized retreats tailored around your chosen intention (need/longing) for getting away. For each retreat, we thoughtfully draw from the formation-rich environment of the Asbury Seminary community and craft personalized days to move you slowly through formative experiences aimed to bring you closer to God. Most retreats begin with an appointment with a pastor; a professional massage, if desired; and a health conversation to discuss nutrition and choose a gentle way to engage the body during the retreat.
Additional elements of your retreat are incorporated at your request. These might include a conversation with faculty around Scripture, discerning prayer times, leadership advice, sharing in the Eucharist and participating in chapel, fasting in solitude, or delving into study.
Retreat in a Formation-Rich Environment
- Quiet hotel rooms available at Asbury Inn on the Wilmore campus
- Work-out room, nature trail maps, and rural environment
- Library available for study daily except Sundays
- Chapel (Tuesday – Thursday) and daily Eucharist (Monday – Friday)
- Conversations with experienced leaders and gifted faculty
- Healing prayer sessions, discernment circles, listening prayer
- Spiritual direction
- Silence and solitude
- Professional counseling appointments
- Your retreat room and retreat time are covered in prayer before and while you are at Asbury