Jobs and Ministry Opportunities
TRIP LEADER NEEDED FOR CHRISTIAN CAMP
AdventureServe Ministries is a Christian non-profit organization located in Wilmore, KY which guides missions and wilderness programs that grow faith in action.
We are looking for Trip Leaders who love God and others; enjoy being outside; enjoy working with youth; are ready for the most challenging and awesome summer of their lives! Trip leaders will be trained to lead service projects and outdoor activities during a free 3-week training.
We are also seeking a Warehouse Manager to be responsible for equipment, food ordering and general logistics. Candidates should be highly organized, self-motivated and comfortable working in a vital yet behind the scenes role.
If this sounds like you, or someone you know, we are taking applications now! For more information check out the website. www.adventureserve.org/summer-positions/
Wisemantown United Methodist Church in Estill County where Aldersgate Camp is also located is looking to hire a minister for their congregation, and they are particularly interested in hiring an Asbury Seminary student. This is a part-time position for approximately 10 hours a week. This is a very attractive, rather small country church with wonderful active members who desperately need a vivacious spiritual leader for the coming year(s). There is a nice parsonage available or the minister can commute. They are interested in someone who will lead the Sunday services, initiate some youth activities, and also visit some of the elderly members periodically. There is good music direction and program planning from several of the members. If you would be interested in this special opportunity to serve in such a wonderful church, you should contact Tom or Francine Bonny, 606-723-5694 or 606-975-5025 email: thb@irvineonline
PASTOR OF OUTREACH AND COMMUNITY BUILDING
Baker Street Wesleyan Church (BSW) in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, is seeking a young pastoral family to join our church staff and focus on outreach and creating community in the church. Wisconsin Rapids and South Wood County is a hardscrabble paper mill region plagued by drug addiction and broken families. We average 60-65 in worship attendance on Sunday morning, reach another 20-30 with our Facebook live stream, and have a newly launched extension campus to the marginalized that averages 10-15.
We are looking to reach a core group of young families with youth that we can love, assimilate, and raise up as the next generation to carry on the Wesleyan heritage and message in South Central Wisconsin. The ideal candidate will be extroverted, energetic, and positive. They will have a missional vision to reach the young people of our area and they will have a love and patience for the existing congregation as they work with the lead pastor to change the culture of the church.
We prefer a candidate with a bachelor’s degree in a ministry-related discipline and require a willingness to pursue ordination in the Wesleyan Church. The funding of this position is guaranteed for five years through a generous gift to the church by a long-time member who wishes to see the work of BSW continue for generations to come. Visit bakerstwesleyan.org and our Facebook page to learn more about our heart including our Community of Hope extension campus.
- To have an active presence in the communities of South Wood County and engage with unchurched parents and their children
- To invite, connect, and assimilate young families with BSW
- To work within BSW and create a culture that is conducive to the addition and retention of young families
- To build teams within BSW that provide ministry to all aspects of family life including; the nursery, children, teens, and small groups for parents
- Born-again Christ-follower who has a growing and vibrant relationship with their Lord Jesus
- Passionate about sharing Jesus Christ
- Very extroverted and highly social personality who is energized by being with people (High EQ)
- A peer to the people who we endeavor to reach, preferably 28-40 with children
- Clear and strong vision for creating spiritual community for families
- Leader who excels at building teams and developing leaders
- Creative, innovative and resourceful strategist
- Possessing optimism and a positive attitude, energetic
This pastor will work in tandem with our lead pastor as a collaborative partner with the possibility for advancement to associate pastor or co-pastor in the future. The lead pastor will focus on the church’s extensive global mission’s program, preaching & teaching, and administration. The appropriate application portfolio will include a cover letter, resume, and link to any pertinent YouTube videos that feature your ministry competencies. Respond to Rev. Milt Van Natta at email@example.com or call 715-421-5335.
CHILDREN’S ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Contact person’s name: Rev. LM Wilson (Lisa Michelle Wilson)
Church address: 11140 Greenbay St.
City, State, Zip: Houston, Texas 77043
Contact Person’s Phone Number: 713-465-3567 ext 119
Brief description: This a an associate director position in ministry with our K-2nd grade families. We have a dynamic children’s discipleship team and would love to add a person who is passionate about ministering to children and their families. Great communication with parents and volunteers is a must as well as being Biblically knowledgable and organized. We need a team player willing to work hard and dream big with us as we partner with parents and across generations to welcome, love and disciple all the children God brings our way. Exciting things at happening at Chapelwood- Houston and especially in our Children’s Discipleship ministry. You can find out more online about us at www.chapelwoodchildren.org, on social media and by downloading our smart phone APP: Chapelwood Children. This position reports to Rev. LM Wilson, an ordained deacon in the UMC. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. We will only discuss the position with person who have submitted a resume.
Deadline: April 14, 2019
ABOUT THIS JOB
ABOUT TRANSFORMATIONS, LLC. HOPE FOR TODAY’S FAMILIES
Transformations has been providing emotional, social, mental, and behavioral support to children and their families since 1998. We are a group of mental health professionals that specialize in providing intensive home, school, office, and community based services to children, adults, couples and families. We accept Medicaid (direct Medicaid and all Managed Care companies: Anthem, Humana CareSource, Passport, Wellcare) and most commercial insurance plans.
LOCATION: Lexington or surrounding counties depending on providers desire.
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Independent Contractor
PAY RATE: Up to $60.00 Per hour
COMPANY SIZE: 1 – 10 employees
OFFICE: 1450 North Broadway, Lexington, Kentucky 40505, United States
YOUTH MINISTRY ASSOCIATE
MARVIN UNITED METHODIST CHURCH in Tyler, Texas
POSITION DESCRIPTION: YOUTH MINISTRY ASSOCIATE
Reports to Youth Ministry Director
Duties and Responsibilities: The primary responsibility of the Youth Ministry Associate is to discipline youth in spiritual growth and train them in service to Christ.
1. Lead and teach youth on Sunday mornings as well as lead evening youth programming.
2. Recruit youth from Marvin Church and the community to participate in youth ministry.
3. Develop the Confirmation Class for middle school and high school youth.
4. Develop and implement retreats, mission experiences, activities and other events to help youth grow in their relationship with Christ and in their sense of servant discipleship and mission.
5. Administer the Youth Ministry budget.
6. Develop youth leaders to minister to other youth.
7. Recruit, train, direct and provide structure and support for volunteer youth counselors.
8. Set the calendar for Youth activities and events.
9. Work with other staff to integrate youth into the life of the church.
10. Be available to minister to and counsel youth and their parents.
11. Work with and provide leadership to the Youth Council.
12. Develop and encourage ties between Marvin youth and the Northwest District and the Texas Conference.
13. Foster continued spiritual growth of college aged members of Marvin Church.
14. Participate in continued education including participating in the Perkins School of Youth Ministry.
Skills and attributes:
1. Possessing personal qualities appealing to youth including being passionate, energetic, enthusiastic and fun, as well as having strong interpersonal skills communicating with and relating to youth. The youth ministry associate must be one in whom the youth can have complete trust.
2. Ability to work and cooperate with other Marvin staff members.
3. Ability to coach and challenge youth as they explore and grow in their faith through shared experiences including retreats, and missions.
4. Maturity and wisdom to provide structure, high expectations and guidance for the spiritual maturing of youth.
5. In addition to knowledgeable teaching and preaching, the Youth Minister must be a mentor and is expected to bear witness to Christ not just in teaching, but in lifestyle.
6. Visionary leadership and organizational skills to lead a church staff team as well as recruiting and training volunteers who minister to a large number of youth and parents.
7. Counseling and pastoral care skills to enable the youth minister to effectively guide youth and their families through the challenges associated with growing up.
8. Administrative skills necessary to organize a budget, plan programs, organize fund- raisers, etc.
9. Excellent verbal and written communication and strong computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database management)
10. Capable of maintaining the website and social media, along with creating graphics for youth department is preferable.
11. Music skills to lead worship and work with youth band is highly preferable.
1. A record of successful youth ministry.
2. Undergraduate degree with an emphasis on theology or youth ministry. A Master’s degree is preferable.
3. Ability and willingness to affirm and teach Wesleyan theology, especially as it concerns God’s grace, the acceptance of different ways of understanding and living out faith in Jesus Christ, and the primacy of scripture as interpreted through the Holy Spirit and guided by reason, tradition (church teaching), and experience. Applicants will be asked to submit a statement of their faith.
4. Can maintain healthy boundaries with their time.
Contact Rev. David Dorn at DDorn@marvinumc.com for more information.
Take a look at the available Counseling Field positions here: Counseling Field Vacancies
TEACH PUBLIC SCHOOL IN CHINA FOR SEAIE
Promise Opens Doors, a non-profit organization, is the first official licensee of TESOL International Association and offers the TESOL Certificate online in an asynchronous format, along with career guidance and placement support. We are an online English language instruction organization based in MO and have provided high quality online instruction to more than 13,000 students since 2004. (www.promiseopensdoorstesol.org)
We are currently acting as a third party recruiter for SEAIE – Sichuan Education Association for International Exchange (www.teachdiscoverchina.com).
SEAIE is a provincial organization directly under the leadership and guidance of the Education Department of Sichuan Province. Its primary mission is to promote education exchange and cooperation among colleges, schools and other educational organizations. SEAIE has close relationships with Chinese institutions and schools, K- university, mainly in the Sichuan province, southwest China.
16 hours/5 day week.
Plan and deliver English language lessons, implement classroom management, evaluate student progress, provide ongoing guidance for improvement, and take part in campus activities and events. Supported by the local government in Sichuan, all placements are in public schools, airport transfer and pickup, visa support (Z visa), free accommodations throughout the stay, orientation
upon arrival, 24/7 support, $1156 flight reimbursement at the conclusion of the 10-11 month
Native English speaker with a bachelors degree and 120 hour TESOL.
(A FREE TEFL course will be provided if necessary)
Valid US passport
Salary: $1156 – $2602/month for 10/11 month contract
Expiration date to apply: 08-01-19
Approximate start date: 08-25-19
Send resume to: email@example.com