Jobs and Ministry Opportunities
PART-TIME STUDENT PASTOR IN ALABAMA
COUNSELORS AND CARE MANAGERS – THE HAMILTON CENTER, INC.
Hamilton Center, Inc. is a regional behavioral health system serving central and west central Indiana. The organization is “building hope and changing lives” through a broad array of behavioral health services for adults, children, adolescents, and families. Services are individualized, trauma informed, and evidence-based. Needs and strengths are assessed and utilized to develop a person-centered treatment plan.
The Hamilton Center is looking for care managers, addiction counselors, teachers, and so much more!
Please check out the website (under the “careers” tab) for the complete list of positions available here.
CHILDREN AND YOUTH DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR – THE NATHANIEL MISSION
Primary Objective: To collaborate in establishing the Nathaniel Mission as a vibrant and vital outpost of the Kingdom of God through targeted, effective, and holistic ministries with children and youth in urban Lexington. Responsible for providing safe and developmentally appropriate programs for children, youth, and families while building fruitful partnerships with Lexington organizations working with children and youth.
Volunteer Recruitment and Management
- Works diligently to recruit new short and long term volunteers to serve in a variety of capacities within the children and youth programs of Nathaniel Mission.
- Screens volunteer applications and interviews to adhere to safety policies and to determine best fits for service.
- Empowers and equips volunteers to take active roles in service work, mentoring, and investment in the lives of the Nathaniel Mission’s participants.
- Develops leaders and secures buy-in from volunteers to champion program objectives and operational responsibilities.
- Oversees the volunteers of the Nathaniel Mission programs and ministries with children and youth, directing and evaluating their efforts to achieve stated goals and objectives.
- Communicates consistently with volunteers to maintain collaboration, offer support and appreciation, as well as sustain momentum and commitment amongst volunteers.
- Direct the budget of children, youth, and family programs and ministries, particularly in maintaining slim and frugal overhead expenses.
- Establishes a ministry calendar, in cooperation with the Executive Director and Program Director, to advance ministry objectives and further the Mission’s vision of reaching children, youth, and families in our communities.
- Maintains consistent contact with the Board, Staff, Volunteers, Supporters, and Networks through a variety of media to continue to garner support and passion for the Mission’s work.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director and members of the Board, apply for and secure appropriate grants available to the Mission’s ministries with children, youth, and families.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director and Program Director, ensures that the ministries and programs of the Mission with children, youth, and families are strategically focused to achieve agreed upon goals and objectives.
- Sets vision and missional objectives to broaden the influence of the Mission in the surrounding community, particularly in assessing and implementing new ministry opportunities for children, youth, and families.
- Establishes helpful and strategic partnerships with other ministry organizations, schools, government agencies, churches, and non-profits in the city to create a network of collaborative support for the children and youth we serve together.
- Establishes an environment of excellence in service and support that all volunteers and partners can strive to embody, including the maintenance of Safe Sanctuary standards.
- Provide direction and leadership for all Mission programming pertaining to children, youth, and families, including but not limited to: after-school, summer enrichment camps, school mentors, and parent/family ministry.
- Network and build social capital in the neighboring communities of the Mission to enhance relational connections and rapport amongst our neighbors.
- Actively recruits new children, youth, and families to participate in Nathaniel Mission programs as well as maintains relational contact with those individuals to ensure consistency of participation and achievement of program objectives.
- Oversee strategic planning and implementation of educational and developmental programming aimed at effectively ministering to the needs of urban children, youth, and families.
- Establishes an environment of respect and dedication amongst children and youth to foster a safe, productive, supportive, and celebratory experience for all individuals participating in Nathaniel Mission’s programs.
- Participate in other ministry initiatives as assigned by the Executive Director or Program Director.
- Commitment to Christian discipleship with a respect for and understanding of the ministries of The United Methodist Church.
- Leadership skills that encourage and foster spiritual growth in those he/she serves.
- Well-organized, self-directed individual with a heart for missional investment in the children, youth, and families of our community.
- Intelligent and articulate individual who relates to people at all levels.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- A capacity to engender commitment, passion, and investment in others.
- Ability to speak persuasively and confidently to large and diverse audiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a field related to Education, Children Ministry, or Public Service. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3 years experience in a closely related field preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Expectations of Employee:
- Exemplify the highest standard of Christian faith and morality.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management skills.
Demonstrates an ability to prioritize workload and consistently meet deadlines.
Interested applicants should send their cover letter, resume, and three references to Rev. Dan Baer, Executive Director of The Nathaniel Mission, at email@example.com.
MASTERS LEVEL COUNSELOR – HEARTLIGHT MINISTRIES
About Heartlight Ministries: Heartlight houses 60 adolescents from all over the country, and come to us because of the poor choices they are making. Parents privately place their teens with us, and all parents are actively engaged in the healing process that aims at helping a child become healthy and understand the need to make better choices. Heartlight is a very relationship-oriented program.
Position Overview: Looking for a Masters Level Counselor to join our counseling staff of 5. This person must have a capacity to relate to teens, be wise in their counsel, have the ability to communicate regularly with parents, and embrace the relational atmosphere of Heartlight. This is a salaried position with benefits.
Requirements: This person does not have to be licensed, but must be pursing licensure. Our Director of Counseling is capable and certified to supervise. This position can be supervised while collecting their necessary hours towards obtaining their license.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Justin Arnold at 903-668-2178.
NEXT GENERATION MINISTRIES PASTOR/DIRECTOR – CITY ON A HILL UMC
OVERVIEW: City On A Hill (COAH) UMC has a passion to see that no one misses the grace of God. Life change happens through a relationship with Jesus Christ. We are searching for a NextGen Pastor/Director who will provide leadership and management to Children’s and Student Ministry Servant Teams and the people to whom they minister, providing them with the best opportunity to become fully mature followers of Jesus Christ (Col. 1:28).
- Teach, guide, and direct children, from birth through high school, about the most important thing in their lives – the love of Jesus.
- Develop and implement a holistic family discipleship strategy for children, students and parents/guardians.
- Recruit, train and multiply servant leaders.
- Work with COAH team to formulate and oversee the NextGen strategy and budget.
- Provide discipleship resources for COAHKids (nursery – 5th grade children) and COAHStudents (high school and middle school) ministries.
- Provide pastoral care, including hospital visits, meetings with kids and families, and other ministry opportunities.
- Intentionally cultivate a deeper personal faith and seeking opportunities for soul care.
- Reach out to unchurched youth in the community, engage them with the gospel, and involve them in the work of the church.
- Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.).
- Establish a long-term vision for how the church engages children and youth.
- Lead efforts to minister to the parenting needs of the church body.
- Regularly report to the church’s Leadership Team about ministry-related updates.
- Oversee all summer activities the church’s youth participate in.
- Regularly lead the youth in short-term missions experiences.
- Work with other church leaders to find ministry opportunities for children and youth in the broader church community.
- Review all curriculum used by the church’s children’s ministry and ensure it is consistent with the church’s core values and beliefs.
- Participate in all staff meetings and retreats.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master of Divinity or Christian Education degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years experience providing pastoral ministry to children, youth and families
- Godly character and a Christ-Centered life
- A clear calling to work with children, students and their families
- An understanding of relational ministry
- Creativity and innovative thinking about ministering to the next generation
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the framework of Basic Christian Doctrine, our Wesleyan Distinctives, and the United Methodist Book of Discipline.
- Flexible and organized with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
The NextGen Pastor will be teachable and have a strong commitment to self and staff development. Viable candidates must give evidence of the ability to lead and appropriately hold accountable individuals, groups and teams that produce measurable results against the predetermined goals and objectives. A participative, collaborative, team-oriented culture is the desire of the church, and this leader must be characterized by these same values.
While a seminary degree is preferred rather than specific requirements, a well-established theological construct, ecclesiology, and an in-depth knowledge of scripture is necessary for the wisdom and biblically-based, decision-making demands of this position. Leading candidates will possess a biblical theology that is consistent with the United Methodist Church, Lead Pastor, and the Wesleyan Distinctives as noted in the United Methodist Book of Discipline.
Prospective applicants, please email a resume and note of interest in this position to the Staff Parish Chair, Steve Bowser: firstname.lastname@example.org or Lead Pastor, Andy Rogers: email@example.com.
COMMUNITY RELATIONS MANAGER
The Community Relations Manager (i.e., Community Sales Lead) This role is responsible for overall sales strategy and creates and drives business for the community (or communities assigned) by exceeding community occupancy goals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Please ensure you meet the minimum qualifications when applying.
- Possess a genuine heart and passion for impacting seniors and improving the quality of life.
- 2 years of sales/business development experience required.
- Experience in selling private pay assisted living, memory care and/or independent living apartments is required.
- Strong closing skills
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces innovation and is a skilled problem solver.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize tasks. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to achieve results under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work extended hours including occasional nights and weekends.
- Ability to work efficiently in a collaborative setting.
- Ability to perform all other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Build partnerships internally and externally, targeting high growth opportunities
- Oversight and coordination of event marketing both internally and externally
- Required travel to assigned communities
- Build referral base/sourcing partners with local community healthcare providers and professional business community at large.
- Deliver effective and timely communication.
- Manage additional projects and tasks as assigned, participate with any assigned groups or committees, and participate in area ministry network and organization events, including working outside normal schedule as needed.
Compensation: $45,000 to $55,000 Annually (plus commission)
About Dominion Senior Living:
Dominion Senior Living is a culture-first organization that focuses on creating world-class senior living communities deeply rooted in faith. We offer turnkey solutions for development, construction, and management services for the senior living industry. Our attention to detail shows in every aspect of the process as we develop, construct and manage senior living communities throughout the southeastern United States.
Company website: https://www.dominionseniorliving.com/
Company address: Richmond, KY; Frankfort, KY
RECTOR NEEDED, BI-VOCATIONAL
Employer: Saint Timothy’s Anglican Church, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Closes: When position is filled
Contact: Glenn Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Timothy’s Anglican church is a small church located in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. Our congregation is made up of approximately 60 members with a diverse mixture of urban, rural and military families. Saint Timothy’s is a 14-year-old congregation. We are seeking a Bi-vocational rector to lead Saint Timothy’s in the hopes of the position becoming full time in the near future.
TRIP LEADER NEEDED FOR CHRISTIAN CAMP
AdventureServe Ministries is a Christian non-profit organization located in Wilmore, KY which guides missions and wilderness programs that grow faith in action.
We are looking for Trip Leaders who love God and others; enjoy being outside; enjoy working with youth; are ready for the most challenging and awesome summer of their lives! Trip leaders will be trained to lead service projects and outdoor activities during a free 3-week training.
We are also seeking a Warehouse Manager to be responsible for equipment, food ordering and general logistics. Candidates should be highly organized, self-motivated and comfortable working in a vital yet behind the scenes role.
If this sounds like you, or someone you know, we are taking applications now! For more information check out the website. www.adventureserve.org/summer-positions/
Wisemantown United Methodist Church in Estill County where Aldersgate Camp is also located is looking to hire a minister for their congregation, and they are particularly interested in hiring an Asbury Seminary student. This is a part-time position for approximately 10 hours a week. This is a very attractive, rather small country church with wonderful active members who desperately need a vivacious spiritual leader for the coming year(s). There is a nice parsonage available or the minister can commute. They are interested in someone who will lead the Sunday services, initiate some youth activities, and also visit some of the elderly members periodically. There is good music direction and program planning from several of the members. If you would be interested in this special opportunity to serve in such a wonderful church, you should contact Tom or Francine Bonny, 606-723-5694 or 606-975-5025 email: thb@irvineonline
PASTOR OF OUTREACH AND COMMUNITY BUILDING
Baker Street Wesleyan Church (BSW) in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, is seeking a young pastoral family to join our church staff and focus on outreach and creating community in the church. Wisconsin Rapids and South Wood County is a hardscrabble paper mill region plagued by drug addiction and broken families. We average 60-65 in worship attendance on Sunday morning, reach another 20-30 with our Facebook live stream, and have a newly launched extension campus to the marginalized that averages 10-15.
We are looking to reach a core group of young families with youth that we can love, assimilate, and raise up as the next generation to carry on the Wesleyan heritage and message in South Central Wisconsin. The ideal candidate will be extroverted, energetic, and positive. They will have a missional vision to reach the young people of our area and they will have a love and patience for the existing congregation as they work with the lead pastor to change the culture of the church.
We prefer a candidate with a bachelor’s degree in a ministry-related discipline and require a willingness to pursue ordination in the Wesleyan Church. The funding of this position is guaranteed for five years through a generous gift to the church by a long-time member who wishes to see the work of BSW continue for generations to come. Visit bakerstwesleyan.org and our Facebook page to learn more about our heart including our Community of Hope extension campus.
- To have an active presence in the communities of South Wood County and engage with unchurched parents and their children
- To invite, connect, and assimilate young families with BSW
- To work within BSW and create a culture that is conducive to the addition and retention of young families
- To build teams within BSW that provide ministry to all aspects of family life including; the nursery, children, teens, and small groups for parents
- Born-again Christ-follower who has a growing and vibrant relationship with their Lord Jesus
- Passionate about sharing Jesus Christ
- Very extroverted and highly social personality who is energized by being with people (High EQ)
- A peer to the people who we endeavor to reach, preferably 28-40 with children
- Clear and strong vision for creating spiritual community for families
- Leader who excels at building teams and developing leaders
- Creative, innovative and resourceful strategist
- Possessing optimism and a positive attitude, energetic
This pastor will work in tandem with our lead pastor as a collaborative partner with the possibility for advancement to associate pastor or co-pastor in the future. The lead pastor will focus on the church’s extensive global mission’s program, preaching & teaching, and administration. The appropriate application portfolio will include a cover letter, resume, and link to any pertinent YouTube videos that feature your ministry competencies. Respond to Rev. Milt Van Natta at email@example.com or call 715-421-5335.
ABOUT THIS JOB
ABOUT TRANSFORMATIONS, LLC. HOPE FOR TODAY’S FAMILIES
Transformations has been providing emotional, social, mental, and behavioral support to children and their families since 1998. We are a group of mental health professionals that specialize in providing intensive home, school, office, and community based services to children, adults, couples and families. We accept Medicaid (direct Medicaid and all Managed Care companies: Anthem, Humana CareSource, Passport, Wellcare) and most commercial insurance plans.
LOCATION: Lexington or surrounding counties depending on providers desire.
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Independent Contractor
PAY RATE: Up to $60.00 Per hour
COMPANY SIZE: 1 – 10 employees
OFFICE: 1450 North Broadway, Lexington, Kentucky 40505, United States
YOUTH MINISTRY ASSOCIATE
MARVIN UNITED METHODIST CHURCH in Tyler, Texas
POSITION DESCRIPTION: YOUTH MINISTRY ASSOCIATE
Reports to Youth Ministry Director
Duties and Responsibilities: The primary responsibility of the Youth Ministry Associate is to discipline youth in spiritual growth and train them in service to Christ.
1. Lead and teach youth on Sunday mornings as well as lead evening youth programming.
2. Recruit youth from Marvin Church and the community to participate in youth ministry.
3. Develop the Confirmation Class for middle school and high school youth.
4. Develop and implement retreats, mission experiences, activities and other events to help youth grow in their relationship with Christ and in their sense of servant discipleship and mission.
5. Administer the Youth Ministry budget.
6. Develop youth leaders to minister to other youth.
7. Recruit, train, direct and provide structure and support for volunteer youth counselors.
8. Set the calendar for Youth activities and events.
9. Work with other staff to integrate youth into the life of the church.
10. Be available to minister to and counsel youth and their parents.
11. Work with and provide leadership to the Youth Council.
12. Develop and encourage ties between Marvin youth and the Northwest District and the Texas Conference.
13. Foster continued spiritual growth of college aged members of Marvin Church.
14. Participate in continued education including participating in the Perkins School of Youth Ministry.
Skills and attributes:
1. Possessing personal qualities appealing to youth including being passionate, energetic, enthusiastic and fun, as well as having strong interpersonal skills communicating with and relating to youth. The youth ministry associate must be one in whom the youth can have complete trust.
2. Ability to work and cooperate with other Marvin staff members.
3. Ability to coach and challenge youth as they explore and grow in their faith through shared experiences including retreats, and missions.
4. Maturity and wisdom to provide structure, high expectations and guidance for the spiritual maturing of youth.
5. In addition to knowledgeable teaching and preaching, the Youth Minister must be a mentor and is expected to bear witness to Christ not just in teaching, but in lifestyle.
6. Visionary leadership and organizational skills to lead a church staff team as well as recruiting and training volunteers who minister to a large number of youth and parents.
7. Counseling and pastoral care skills to enable the youth minister to effectively guide youth and their families through the challenges associated with growing up.
8. Administrative skills necessary to organize a budget, plan programs, organize fund- raisers, etc.
9. Excellent verbal and written communication and strong computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database management)
10. Capable of maintaining the website and social media, along with creating graphics for youth department is preferable.
11. Music skills to lead worship and work with youth band is highly preferable.
1. A record of successful youth ministry.
2. Undergraduate degree with an emphasis on theology or youth ministry. A Master’s degree is preferable.
3. Ability and willingness to affirm and teach Wesleyan theology, especially as it concerns God’s grace, the acceptance of different ways of understanding and living out faith in Jesus Christ, and the primacy of scripture as interpreted through the Holy Spirit and guided by reason, tradition (church teaching), and experience. Applicants will be asked to submit a statement of their faith.
4. Can maintain healthy boundaries with their time.
Contact Rev. David Dorn at DDorn@marvinumc.com for more information.
Take a look at the available Counseling Field positions here: Counseling Field Vacancies
TEACH PUBLIC SCHOOL IN CHINA FOR SEAIE
Promise Opens Doors, a non-profit organization, is the first official licensee of TESOL International Association and offers the TESOL Certificate online in an asynchronous format, along with career guidance and placement support. We are an online English language instruction organization based in MO and have provided high quality online instruction to more than 13,000 students since 2004. (www.promiseopensdoorstesol.org)
We are currently acting as a third party recruiter for SEAIE – Sichuan Education Association for International Exchange (www.teachdiscoverchina.com).
SEAIE is a provincial organization directly under the leadership and guidance of the Education Department of Sichuan Province. Its primary mission is to promote education exchange and cooperation among colleges, schools and other educational organizations. SEAIE has close relationships with Chinese institutions and schools, K- university, mainly in the Sichuan province, southwest China.
16 hours/5 day week.
Plan and deliver English language lessons, implement classroom management, evaluate student progress, provide ongoing guidance for improvement, and take part in campus activities and events. Supported by the local government in Sichuan, all placements are in public schools, airport transfer and pickup, visa support (Z visa), free accommodations throughout the stay, orientation
upon arrival, 24/7 support, $1156 flight reimbursement at the conclusion of the 10-11 month
Native English speaker with a bachelors degree and 120 hour TESOL.
(A FREE TEFL course will be provided if necessary)
Valid US passport
Salary: $1156 – $2602/month for 10/11 month contract
Expiration date to apply: 08-01-19
Approximate start date: 08-25-19
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org