Jobs and Ministry Opportunities
*Please email any job opportunities to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not add them as comments to this article. *
SENIOR PASTOR POSITION IN KIRTLAND, OHIO
New Promise Church
8671 Euclid-Chardon Rd. Kirtland, OH 44094
Position: Senior Pastor
Overview of Qualifications and Aspects:
- Ordained from a fully qualified seminary
- Five years of senior pastor experience or the equivalent experience as an associate pastor at a large church
- Recommendations from previous churches and ministry appointments
- Experience in work outside the church and/or ministry
- Bachelor’s degree
- Married, children
- New Promise Church senior pastor will agree with the beliefs and doctrinal positions of New Promise Church including:
- New Promise Church is not a promoter of Pentecostal theology but is very much a promoter of the need for the Holy Spirit’s presence and power in the life of God’s people and believers in Jesus Christ. New Promise Church is not Calvinistic but is a believer of the Holiness of God’s sovereignty in all things.
- New Promise Church is seeking a senior pastor that is neither intolerant nor dogmatic towards those within the church who differs on secondary views or is critical of other church Denominations but offers unity and growth in maturity in each believer’s walk with Christ.
- New Promise Church is seeking a senior pastor that has a philosophy of ministry that includes evangelism, teaching, biblical counseling, missions and a promoter of believers pursuing a fully consecrated heart and life to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Our senior pastor will have an appreciation for worship and the impact that has on church members and embrace both traditional and contemporary music.
- New Promise Church is seeking a senior pastor that is not involved in politics, prosperity gospel movement or other self-seeking-centered philosophies.
- Our senior pastor will have a full understanding of New Promise Church’s Congregational form of government and is willing to be committed to the church’s operation.
Please send your resume to email@example.com and made attention to Grant Corbett.
CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP LEADER/COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Location: Marysville First United Methodist Church in Marysville, Ohio
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Primary Purpose: To be in ministry with the pastors and church family by: providing musical leadership for the contemporary service and the youth ministry: enabling good communication within the church; and creating professional materials that positively connect the church into the community.
Position is: full time, salaried position
Talents or Abilities Desired: Experience in leading worship services with enthusiasm and passion for worship rather than just playing and singing songs. Relational skills that enable coordination and leadership to a team of musicians. Excitement toward and ability to recruit, train, and utilize volunteer worship leaders, musicians, and vocalists – both adults and youth. Proficient with all Microsoft applications including Publisher, Canva, and Adobe Suite. Experience in publishing written materials and videos, and proficiency with website maintenance and various social media tools. Must be detail-oriented with administration, communication, and serving skills. Must maintain confidentiality of appropriate church information.
Please submit resumes to Nathan Custer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
CALVARY BAPTIST CHURCH SEEKING PASTOR
Calvary Baptist Church is seeking a Pastor/Minister who loves the Lord Jesus and can lead and expand
our English ministry.
The Pastor/Minister will be expected to preach at the English service and teach at English Sunday school
and English Bible studies most weeks of the year; plan and coordinate local, domestic, and international
outreach; provide spiritual counseling and pastoral care; supervise and support our Youth Ministry to
help plan events and train our youth in the Gospel message; collaborate with leaders in both the English
and Chinese ministries to help guide our church and foster a Christ-centered community.
● Love the Lord Jesus and be committed to Him and His Word
● Have the gift of teaching and preaching
● Possess pastoral care, vision, communication, and leadership skills
● Desire to work in a cross-cultural environment
● A Master’s degree of divinity/theology from an accredited theological seminary in North
● Fluency in English
● Interest in ministry within New Haven and its surroundings
● Previous ministry experience preferred
● Previous cross-cultural experience preferred
To Apply: Please send the following materials to email@example.com by January 31, 2020:
● Cover letter
● Personal Testimony / Personal Calling Statement
● Two sermons (if the combined files are larger than 10 MB, please send links to download them)
About Calvary Baptist: We are an evangelical church in New Haven, Connecticut, on the edge of Yale
campus, made up of both Chinese and English speaking congregation members. Our location and
congregational makeup provide numerous opportunities for many fruitful kinds of ministry.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF PROJECT 82 KENYA
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Reports to: Board of Directors
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the overall direction,
coordination and evaluation of the ministry and the organization. The Executive Director also directly
supervises the U.S based employees and the international staff in Kenya.
In partnership with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for providing strategic
leadership and managing the day-to-day operations of the organization. Ultimately, the Executive
Director is responsible for the success of the organization. Together, the Board of Directors and the
Executive Director assure the organization’s accomplishments and financial sustainability is aligned
with the organization’s mission, vision and goals. The Executive Director strategizes, directs and
organizes operational activities with his or her leadership team, who then engage the support of the
rest of the U.S and Kenyan staff.
Please send your resume to Scott Mosteller at: Scott_Mosteller@genpt.com
LEAD PASTOR POSITION IN JAMESTOWN, NY
Summary: Fluvanna Community Church, located in Jamestown, New York, is actively seeking a full-time Lead Pastor to serve our congregation and community. We are looking for a man who has genuinely received a calling from our Lord to minister, counsel, and lead God’s people towards righteous living, humble servitude, and spiritual growth. Fluvanna Community Church s a non-denominational church and a member of the 4C’s (Conservative, Congregational, Christian Conference).
Our mission statement reads as follows: “Reaching our community with a viable, believable, dynamic,
gospel witness characterized by Christ-like love and energized by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
1. In the literal interpretation of the Bible as the inspired Word of God.
2. In God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. That man was created in the image of God, but sinned, causing death and separation from God.
4. That Jesus, fully God and fully man died for our sins, rose from the grave, ascended into heaven,
and created the only way for us to receive salvation for our souls.
5. That Salvation is given when a person repents, turns away from their sin, believes in Jesus as
their personal Savior, and gives their life to Him.
6. That all of the gifts of the Spirit are alive and available for us to use with the Holy Spirit’s leading,
as we serve God.
We believe that as we walk in faith, we are to:
• Love God – We believe Loving God extravagantly is our first priority. Jesus said this is the
greatest commandment. “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your
soul, and with all your mind” (Matthew 22:37).
• Love People – Jesus said that loving others sacrificially is the second greatest commandment.
“You shall love your neighbor as yourself” (Matthew 22:39).
• Make Spirit-filled Disciples – This was Jesus’ last instruction to his followers before he ascended
into heaven. “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation” (Mark 16:15).
Base salary: $45,000
Parsonage included. Church pays utilities. Insurance and more benefits included.
To view the responsibilities of lead pastor, the full compensation package, and to read more about the church, click the link below.
Please send letter of interest along with resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is November 30, 2019.
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY MINISTRIES
Munholland United Methodist Church
1201 Metairie Rd., Metairie, Louisiana 70005
Position: Full-time, Salaried
Reports to: Senior Pastor, Dr. Jonathan Beck
The Ministry Director has the exciting job of leading the Children and Family Ministries Team to pursue the Munholland UMC mission of “making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world”. We do this by helping children and their parents CONNECT deeply with God and other Christians, GROW intentionally, SERVE joyfully, and INVITE expectantly. The Ministry is presently touching 50 children per week, and offering a parent Sunday school class, a weekly young mom’s Bible Study, and a KDO Chapel program. These Ministries have great potential for growth in this vibrant, growing church of 300 attendance that has a regional draw. Emphasis is to be placed on reaching new families and providing strong biblical teaching and life help to children and their parents.
Qualifications of Character and Commitment:
- Deeply committed Christian resolved to live and model a godly lifestyle.
- Evangelistic to draw children & their parents into relationship with Jesus and expand the ministry.
- Passion to facilitate the spiritual growth of children and young families.
- Able to lead and mentor parents to disciple their children at home.
- Flexible, dedicated, dependable, energetic and personally motivated
- Solid Biblical knowledge consistent with Wesleyan theology and practice
- Bachelor’s degree
- Degree or certification in Children’s Ministry preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Children’s and Family Ministry
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a full scope of educational development from nursery to fifth grade, including parents.
- Oversee cohesiveness of ministries to provide seamless transitions throughout the programs.
- Coordinate with the Children and Family Ministries Team and Program Staff to provide strategic planning and visioning: set goals & direction, evaluate existing ministries and create new ones.
- Invite, encourage & equip volunteer teams to effectively minister to children and parents.
- Oversee the planning of children’s curriculum, activities, Children’s Messages, Children’s Church, and worship experience for Sunday mornings.
- Lead children’s assembly, Sunday school, 3rd grade Bible Boot Camp, retreats, missions, and Milestone programs.
- Lead Easter church-wide event/outreach, VBS, and Drama Camp
- Manage communication with parents, oversee parent meetings, and church council reporting.
- Develop YoYo (tween ministry) events, mission activities, and retreats.
- Lead KDO Chapel program and continue to engage KDO families.
- Equip parents with resources such as studies, seminars, family events, and family retreats.
- Attend Staff meetings to integrate Children and Family Ministries into the whole of MUMC’s ministry.
- Other duties as assigned.
Send your resume to Dr. Jonathan Beck at email@example.com or mail to Munholland UMC, 1201 Metairie Rd., Metairie, LA 70005. For more information call Dr. Beck at 318-219-6512.
NEW BEGINNINGS UMC NEEDING PART-TIME WORSHIP PASTOR
Ideal candidates will have a lead voice, skilled in playing one or more instruments (guitar, piano, etc), working knowledge of sound systems, and experience working with a band or team of musicians.
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per week:
- Less than 10
If interested, send resumes and inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
COUNSELORS AND CARE MANAGERS – THE HAMILTON CENTER, INC.
Hamilton Center, Inc. is a regional behavioral health system serving central and west central Indiana. The organization is “building hope and changing lives” through a broad array of behavioral health services for adults, children, adolescents, and families. Services are individualized, trauma informed, and evidence-based. Needs and strengths are assessed and utilized to develop a person-centered treatment plan.
The Hamilton Center is looking for care managers, addiction counselors, teachers, and so much more!
Please check out the website (under the “careers” tab) for the complete list of positions available here.
For students and alumni on campus, there is a bulletin board in Stanger Hall across from the counseling office where vacancies are posted as well.
ABOUT THIS JOB
Transformations has been providing emotional, social, mental, and behavioral support to children and their families since 1998. We are a group of mental health professionals that specialize in providing intensive home, school, office, and community based services to children, adults, couples and families. We accept Medicaid (direct Medicaid and all Managed Care companies: Anthem, Humana CareSource, Passport, Wellcare) and most commercial insurance plans.
LOCATION: Lexington or surrounding counties depending on providers desire.
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Independent Contractor
PAY RATE: Up to $60.00 Per hour
COMPANY SIZE: 1 – 10 employees
OFFICE: 1450 North Broadway, Lexington, Kentucky 40505, United States
Take a look at the available Counseling Field positions here: Counseling Field Vacancies
TEACH PUBLIC SCHOOL IN CHINA FOR SEAIE
Promise Opens Doors, a non-profit organization, is the first official licensee of TESOL International Association and offers the TESOL Certificate online in an asynchronous format, along with career guidance and placement support. We are an online English language instruction organization based in MO and have provided high quality online instruction to more than 13,000 students since 2004. (www.promiseopensdoorstesol.org)
We are currently acting as a third party recruiter for SEAIE – Sichuan Education Association for International Exchange (www.teachdiscoverchina.com).
SEAIE is a provincial organization directly under the leadership and guidance of the Education Department of Sichuan Province. Its primary mission is to promote education exchange and cooperation among colleges, schools and other educational organizations. SEAIE has close relationships with Chinese institutions and schools, K- university, mainly in the Sichuan province, southwest China.
16 hours/5 day week.
Plan and deliver English language lessons, implement classroom management, evaluate student progress, provide ongoing guidance for improvement, and take part in campus activities and events. Supported by the local government in Sichuan, all placements are in public schools, airport transfer and pickup, visa support (Z visa), free accommodations throughout the stay, orientation
upon arrival, 24/7 support, $1156 flight reimbursement at the conclusion of the 10-11 month
Native English speaker with a bachelors degree and 120 hour TESOL.
(A FREE TEFL course will be provided if necessary)
Valid US passport
Salary: $1156 – $2602/month for 10/11 month contract
Expiration date to apply: 08-01-19
Approximate start date: 08-25-19
Send resume to: email@example.com