Jobs and Ministry Opportunities
*We seek to inform all our alumni of all opportunities available to them. The doctrine and theology represented in the job descriptions below may not reflect the theological stance of Asbury Theological Seminary. They have been provided by individual churches, ministries, and employers, and will reflect those organizations’ values.
Please email any job opportunities you know of to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not add them as comments to this article, as they are unlikely to be seen.
DIRECTOR/PASTOR OF CREATIVE ARTS
The Mission Cincinnati
Part Time (with possibility of future full time growth)
The Mission Cincinnati seeks a creative-arts focused worship leader who values cultivating musical & aesthetic excellence, developing community through the arts, and reaching our city through their gifts.
Hours Per Week: 15 with possibility for future growth, even to full time
Reports to: Rector/Lead Pastor
Supports: Preaching & Worship Teams with possibility of also supporting Communications, Administration, Literary Arts Teams depending on gifting, experience, and personality.
Build on strong foundations of musicianship to lead our church in fostering a theologically rich, stylistically diverse (including ancient hymnody, thoughtful contemporary, and Gospel), spirit-filled, musically excellent, and passionate expression of musical worship in Sunday services.
Oversee, coordinate, lead, and care for current church musicians.
In coordination with the rector, plan musical worship sets, and create necessary audio/visual presentations for services.
Build relationships with local artists & musicians, partner for community artistic events, invite artists into our worshipping community, and raise them up as leaders of current and future worship teams.
Grow in love for Jesus and His people, and in personal understanding of the role of musical worship at the intersection of 21st century urban mission and the liturgical church.
Weekly Responsibilities (Baseline Necessity)
Attend and contribute to preaching team and staff meetings (2 hrs.)
Schedule musicians, create set lists, song charts, and slides, and practice (2.5 hrs.)
Lead musicians‘ rehearsal (1 hr)
Lead Sunday worship and assist with general Sunday service needs (2.5 hrs)
Build relationships with local artists & musicians (4 hrs)
Involvement in a Mission Community & Personal Discipleship (3 hrs)
Other Responsibilities (Taken on & Assigned at Present or in the Future Depending on Gifts & Interests of the Candidate. To be discussed during interview process.)
Bring creative leadership to church-wide communications & visual presentation including graphic design and content management of website, social media, and promotion.
Cast vision for our church musicians to write and record original music and catalyze these creative projects.
Participate in or lead our emerging Writers‘ Coalition that will create monthly articles for our church blog on impotant topics at the intersection of Christ & culture.
Assist as able or needed with church-wide special projects and/or administration.
Fully & enthusiastically embrace the vision, mission, and values of our church.
Be able to lead worship vocally and instrumentally at a high level of excellence (from either keyboard, guitar, or both) solo or as the leader of a multi-piece band.
Exhibit strong leadership, administration, and inter-personal skills.
Possess technical knowledge for A/V & production.
Demonstrate sensitivity to, and familiarity with different genres of music, art, poetry, readings, and dance that would enhance the worship experience of a diverse racial and social demographic.
Possess familiarity with liturgical worship styles or be open to learning about them and the role of musical worship within this context.
Demonstrate mature personal discipleship, passionate and contagious love for Jesus and His people, and pursue a continued commitment to personal holiness
In summary, there are core requirements for this position that a successful applicant must possess. Outside of these, there is great flexibility for what this position can become, including the long term possibility of full-time work, ordination, and multi-team leadership. The specifics of the job description will vary depending on how the gifts and calling of the applicant intersect with our church’s needs. We will receive applications until the successful candidate is found and the position is filled.
To begin the process, please
1) fill out and submit the online application below and
2) email your resume to email@example.com.
If we believe you may be a good fit for this position, we will contact you within 2 weeks of your application.
ASSOCIATE MINISTER FOR STUDENTS – UNIVERSITY BAPTIST CHURCH IN VIRGINIA
God has called University Baptist Church (UBC) to minister to the University of Virginia
Community and to the residents of the Greater Charlottesville-Albemarle Community serving as
agents of Christ’s love and justice for those in need and offering a vital family of faith. This
Associate Minister will be responsible for leading the collegiate and youth ministries of UBC.
This will be a full-time position and requires an engaged and enthusiastic “people person” with
an innovative spirit. UBC has had an auditioned choir for college students for over 47 years. The
new minister will build on this established foundation and expand the college ministry. The
congregation and staff are committed to making a vibrant collegiate ministry a signature
program of the church. UBC has also had a vibrant youth ministry for generations, and the new
minister will lead and grow this ministry.
• Lead the collegiate ministry to greater spiritual growth reflective of UBC.
• Lead the youth ministry and spiritual formation of UBC teenagers.
• Participate and lead in Sunday morning worship.
• Regular communication with the congregation about the collegiate and youth
• Engage all members of the congregation in collegiate and youth ministry.
• Ensure collegiate and youth ministry events and meetings are on the church calendar.
• Develop personal, discipling relationships with college students and the youth and their
families through visitation and time spent together. Mentor others in methods of
• Enlist, equip, encourage, empower and evaluate those desiring to become involved and
those currently involved in collegiate and youth ministries.
• Ensure that safety and best-practices guidelines are followed in all youth activities
• Encourage and facilitate student leadership in all areas of student ministry.
• Work with the other ministers in a collaborative environment.
• Seminary degree from an ATS-accredited seminary or divinity school.
• A feeling of God’s call to minister at UBC.
• An innovative and creative spirit and enthusiasm for collegiate and youth ministries.
• Willingness to relocate to Charlottesville or Albemarle County.
• Willingness to commit to be part of the ministry culture of UBC (details available here).
• A sense of God’s calling to serve at a welcoming and affirming church.
• Competitive salary.
• Health insurance and retirement contribution.
• Paid vacation and sick leave.
• Relocation package.
• A nurturing and creative culture
• Email a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Wait patiently. We will respond. We promise.
WORLD GOSPEL CHURCH FULL TIME SENIOR PASTOR
Terre Haute, Indiana
Summary: The Senior Pastor provides oversight for the life of the church by shepherding and preparing God’s people for service and growth in the unity of the faith within the church and with our partners ministering in more than 40 nations of the world.
Personal – A life of godliness and character beyond reproach. Acts justly, loves mercy, walks humbly and lead his family according to biblical principles.
Educational – A seminary degree with significant emphasis in pastoral care and preaching.
Experiential – At least ten years of successful Christian ministry and five years as lead pastor preferred.
Doctrinal- Evangelical, as defined by the National Association of Evangelicals and in agreement with the Articles of Faith of World Gospel Church.
- Model and encourage prayer within the church and with world partners.
- Preach and teach with a focus on biblical, expository, exegetical and evangelistic emphasis. Promote spiritual growth through personal application of biblical principles. Equip members to participate in teaching and preaching as their gifts to permit.
- Develop implement a theology of worship and in planning and conducting of weekly worship services and in administration of the sacraments. Serve on the Worship Committee.
- Work with and mentor the Elders and ministry staff to provide a vision and mission for the church.
- Ensure there is a focus on the Great Commission with personal, community, and global outreach. Serve on the Global Outreach Committee.
- Provide personal and pre-marital counseling, the performance of weddings and the conducting of funerals.
- Oversee the development and engagement of members in the provision of life groups, official committees, pastoral care, visitation, biblical counseling, membership training and crisis and conflict management.
- Supervise the development and operation of the ministry and office staff for a positive culture within the church and the implementation of the church’s vision and mission.
- Establish productive relations with the community’s ministers and leaders.
The Senior Pastor shall:
- be accountable to the Board of Directors and shall serve as a voting member of the Board of Directors, the Elder council and the Deacon Council.
- meet monthly with the Chairman of the Elders to assists in planning monthly Elders meetings.
For more information or to send your resume, please email email@example.com.
CHRIST CHURCH NURSERY AND PRESCHOOL DIRECTOR
4488 Poplar Ave, Memphis, TN 38117
The Christ Church Nursery and Preschool Director partners with parents to lead children as they grow in relationship with Jesus through faith and worship. This includes responsibility for the development and leadership for ministry to nursery and preschool-aged children and their families.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all programming and ministry for children ages birth through preschool children including Sunday mornings, Monday mornings, Wednesday evenings, summer programming, and special events.
- Nurture and minister to new parents and families through prayer and personal connections
- Hire, train, schedule, and manage, and build relationships with childcare staff in order to provide a safe and nurturing environment for nursery and preschool children
- Recruit, schedule, train, and build relationships with volunteers to provide engaging nursery and preschool ministry
- Develop lessons and curriculum that are fun, impactful, and biblically relevant for preschool children
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Knowledge in the physical, intellectual, social, emotional, and spiritual development, and needs of children birth through preschool
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal)
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to lead, recruit, train, and develop part-time staff and volunteers
- Use appropriate judgement in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality
- Detail oriented with a desire for excellence
- Competency with basic computer software and the capacity to learn new software
SPIRITUAL QUALITIES AND PASSIONS
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Discerning a calling by God into ministry to children and families
- A passion for ministry to children and to see families grow in their faith together
- A passion for parenting and helping adults spiritually lead their children
ANTICIPATED TIME COMMITMENT
30-40 hours a week
Please direct all inquiries to Brad Bogue, Director of Family Ministries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVENANT CHURCH EXECUTIVE PASTOR
Covenant Church (Greenville, NC) strives to fulfill Jesus’ instruction to make disciples. By this statement, we mean that we will each take personal responsibility for taking our next steps as disciples of Jesus and help others do the same.
Covenant currently has three weekend services on its main campus (Winterville) and one service at its Washington satellite campus. An average weekend attendance is 1900 – 2000 people. We are currently praying and planning for growth and expansion, and we want to take strategic steps to be a church actively reaching people of all generations. We believe with the right individual as Executive Pastor we can position Covenant Church to make an even greater Kingdom impact.
The ideal candidate is gifted in three specific areas:
1) Ministry Strategist—As the ministry strategist, this individual takes the vision of the church (and Lead Pastor) and implements it with the ministry staff of pastors, directors and coordinators.
2) Second-in-Command—This person can lead both structurally and organizationally. With strong leadership gifts, this person must know how to lead in his or her own style, yet follow the Lead Pastor.
3) Overseer of Operations—The executive pastor will also help our support staff departments bring unity and coordination to all ministry staff teams within the Covenant staff.
Three key areas of leadership:
- Chief of Staff
- Strategic Planning and Leadership
- Business Operations
- Demonstrate an ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Strong biblical foundation for wise management in a church setting.
- Appropriate educational background (a minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required; seminary work is preferred). Ordination is not required.
- Sufficient experience on a senior leadership team within a medium to large church.
- Ability to supervise pastoral staff providing empathy, motivation and support when needed.
- Experience in effective leadership and decision-making.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management skills including meeting short deadlines.
- Confidentiality and respect for all people.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to cast vision without losing sight of small details.
- Have social media accounts management experience, have proficiency in technology, and have an understanding of marketing in a digital world.
- A willingness to grow and adapt to the inevitable changes found in a growing local church.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of group dynamics and consensus decision making.
- Become a member of Covenant Church within 1 year of employment.
Send resumes to email@example.com. Phone inquiries contact Janet Lennartz at 252.355.0123
LEAD PASTOR AT FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH- EVERETT, WA
First Baptist Church of Everett, WA (FBC) is looking for a visionary Lead Pastor who will
continue to advance God’s will and further His glory through the leading of His church.
• Demonstrate a deep, personal relationship with Jesus Christ which is evidenced in daily life and exhibited through the character qualities outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-4
• Seek and promote prayer as a priority, both personally and in the life of the church, seeking God’s will above all else (Proverbs 3:4-5)
• Demonstrate a passionate, heartfelt love for all people with a Christ-like concern for their spiritual, physical, mental and emotional well-being
• Lead by example, modeling personal integrity and character
• Share the gospel in an authentic and unwavering manner Responsibilities
• Actively disciple and mentor individuals as Christ did with His disciples
• Encourage and equip the congregation to go deeper into individual relationships with Christ and practically apply His teaching in their daily lives
• Develop a healthy leadership and ministry culture in which all members/attenders are trained as leaders and/or lay ministers according to their gifting, skills and passions
• Guide the church in meeting the physical and spiritual needs inside and outside our community
• Building on FBC’s history and long-standing commitment to outreach, develop refreshed vision and passion for relevant ministry that extends beyond the walls of the church
• Come alongside the people of the surrounding communities, schools, businesses and other organizations to offer assistance and exhibit the love of God
• Promote a welcoming environment where it is okay to belong before you believe
• Provide pastoral care and support through participation in special services and events such as weddings, funerals, prayer meetings, baptisms, child dedications, communion, hospital visitation
• Engagement with FBC through membership, involvement in a life group, and active participation with regional and denominational leadership
• Serve as an equal voting elder on the FBC Board of Elders (BOE) and collaborate with and advise elders on BOE team strategy
• Experience leading a pastoral staff and shepherding a mid-sized congregation
• Excellent communication skills as a teacher, visionary and spiritual/servant leader
• A personal background that reflects strong moral and ethical character
• Commitment to the vision, values and beliefs, and agree with FBC statement of faith
• Background in developing and implementing an effective growth plan
• Strong skills integrating ministries through the development and oversight of an annual budget
• Master of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary
• Ordained with American Baptist Churches
• Three to five years’ experience serving as a Lead Pastor or Associate Pastor
PASTORAL SEARCH – UNION CHURCH OF MONTERREY, MEXICO
The Union Church of Monterrey is currently looking for a full-time, bilingual pastor (English and Spanish) to serve our evangelical, inter-denominational, international and self-supporting church located in Monterrey, Mexico.
The pastor we seek should have a deep commitment to Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord and a clear call to pastoral ministry. This opportunity is for a person who preferable has some experience as a pastor and senses a call to serving in a ministry to a global community. The pastor should be a person committed to sharing the importance of a personal relationship to Jesus Christ, who believes the Bible to be the inspired Word of God and a person of mature character, courage, and compassion.
We welcome people to our worship services from diverse denominations and Christian traditions across the globe. Our congregation includes diplomats, business leaders, international and national schoolteachers, professionals in a wide range of occupations, international students and professional Mexican nationals. The Union Church of Monterrey provides opportunities for international expatriates and local believers to worship together and grow in Christian commitment and discipleship in a Gospel-centered congregation of worship, teaching, fellowship and service.
If you are interested in being a candidate for this position, we would appreciate your sending us your resume, and if possible, a video of a message you might have recently given to a congregation, to the following emails:
YOUTH MINISTRY LEADER NEEDED IN CALVERT CITY, KENTUCKY
Job Summary: The Youth Ministry Leader is the spiritual leader for all youth ministries in the church. The Leader should both embody and give leadership to the mission, vision and values of Calvert City United Methodist Church. The ministry among youth (6-12) in this congregation is a vital witness to faith and an integral component of ministry and worship to the life of this congregation. It is expected that a person who administers the youth ministry will have faith in Christ, the desire to share the love of God through relational ministry with youth and their families, the ability to teach the scriptures of the Old and New Testament, and a willingness to be open and honest about faith and life.
The Youth Ministry position shall be considered a part time (10-15 hours per week) salaried position with monetary compensation given in consideration for the time required to oversee the entire youth ministry of the church.
- Possess sufficient sight, manual dexterity and mobility to effectively accomplish the job responsibilities.
- Follows and implements safe sanctuary policies, including updated training and certification of volunteers.
- Background check and safe sanctuary training every two years.
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SENIOR PASTOR POSITION IN KIRTLAND, OHIO
New Promise Church
8671 Euclid-Chardon Rd. Kirtland, OH 44094
Position: Senior Pastor
Overview of Qualifications and Aspects:
- Ordained from a fully qualified seminary
- Five years of senior pastor experience or the equivalent experience as an associate pastor at a large church
- Recommendations from previous churches and ministry appointments
- Experience in work outside the church and/or ministry
- Bachelor’s degree
- Married, children
- New Promise Church senior pastor will agree with the beliefs and doctrinal positions of New Promise Church including:
- New Promise Church is not a promoter of Pentecostal theology but is very much a promoter of the need for the Holy Spirit’s presence and power in the life of God’s people and believers in Jesus Christ. New Promise Church is not Calvinistic but is a believer of the Holiness of God’s sovereignty in all things.
- New Promise Church is seeking a senior pastor that is neither intolerant nor dogmatic towards those within the church who differs on secondary views or is critical of other church Denominations but offers unity and growth in maturity in each believer’s walk with Christ.
- New Promise Church is seeking a senior pastor that has a philosophy of ministry that includes evangelism, teaching, biblical counseling, missions and a promoter of believers pursuing a fully consecrated heart and life to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Our senior pastor will have an appreciation for worship and the impact that has on church members and embrace both traditional and contemporary music.
- New Promise Church is seeking a senior pastor that is not involved in politics, prosperity gospel movement or other self-seeking-centered philosophies.
- Our senior pastor will have a full understanding of New Promise Church’s Congregational form of government and is willing to be committed to the church’s operation.
Please send your resume to email@example.com and made attention to Grant Corbett.
COUNSELORS AND CARE MANAGERS – THE HAMILTON CENTER, INC.
Hamilton Center, Inc. is a regional behavioral health system serving central and west central Indiana. The organization is “building hope and changing lives” through a broad array of behavioral health services for adults, children, adolescents, and families. Services are individualized, trauma informed, and evidence-based. Needs and strengths are assessed and utilized to develop a person-centered treatment plan.
The Hamilton Center is looking for care managers, addiction counselors, teachers, and so much more!
Please check out the website (under the “careers” tab) for the complete list of positions available here.
For students and alumni on campus, there is a bulletin board in Stanger Hall across from the counseling office where vacancies are posted as well.
ABOUT THIS JOB
Transformations has been providing emotional, social, mental, and behavioral support to children and their families since 1998. We are a group of mental health professionals that specialize in providing intensive home, school, office, and community based services to children, adults, couples and families. We accept Medicaid (direct Medicaid and all Managed Care companies: Anthem, Humana CareSource, Passport, Wellcare) and most commercial insurance plans.
LOCATION: Lexington or surrounding counties depending on providers desire.
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Independent Contractor
PAY RATE: Up to $60.00 Per hour
COMPANY SIZE: 1 – 10 employees
OFFICE: 1450 North Broadway, Lexington, Kentucky 40505, United States
Take a look at the available Counseling Field positions here: Counseling Field Vacancies
TEACH PUBLIC SCHOOL IN CHINA FOR SEAIE
Promise Opens Doors, a non-profit organization, is the first official licensee of TESOL International Association and offers the TESOL Certificate online in an asynchronous format, along with career guidance and placement support. We are an online English language instruction organization based in MO and have provided high quality online instruction to more than 13,000 students since 2004. (www.promiseopensdoorstesol.org)
We are currently acting as a third party recruiter for SEAIE – Sichuan Education Association for International Exchange (www.teachdiscoverchina.com).
SEAIE is a provincial organization directly under the leadership and guidance of the Education Department of Sichuan Province. Its primary mission is to promote education exchange and cooperation among colleges, schools and other educational organizations. SEAIE has close relationships with Chinese institutions and schools, K- university, mainly in the Sichuan province, southwest China.
16 hours/5 day week.
Plan and deliver English language lessons, implement classroom management, evaluate student progress, provide ongoing guidance for improvement, and take part in campus activities and events. Supported by the local government in Sichuan, all placements are in public schools, airport transfer and pickup, visa support (Z visa), free accommodations throughout the stay, orientation
upon arrival, 24/7 support, $1156 flight reimbursement at the conclusion of the 10-11 month
Native English speaker with a bachelors degree and 120 hour TESOL.
(A FREE TEFL course will be provided if necessary)
Valid US passport
Salary: $1156 – $2602/month for 10/11 month contract
Expiration date to apply: 08-01-19
Approximate start date: 08-25-19
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org