Jobs and Ministry Opportunities
The Church at Athens is a non-denominational congregation of about 35-45 people located in Lexington, Kentucky, and they are seeking a part-time pastor. They are looking for the pastor to be present on Sunday mornings, Wednesday morning, and possibly Wednesday nights as well as availability for visitation to the sick and elderly, weddings, funerals, and phone calls. This position will begin in December, and they are able to offer a yearly salary of $22,000 with the possibility of more as the church grows. This position is a great opportunity for a current student to get experience preaching and leading while in school. The church address is 6991 Athens Boonesboro Rd, Lexington, KY 40509. If you are interested in this opportunity, send your resume to email@example.com. For more information call Gary Renner (859-338-3637) or the church (859-263-2830). The church website is tcaaky.com
DIRECTOR/MINISTER OF YOUTH
First United Methodist Church of Union City, Tennessee is seeking a full time Director/Minster of Youth.
The Director/Minister will have direct oversight of all aspects of the Youth Ministry, including, but not limited to, Church School, Wednesday activities, confirmation, music and missions. The Director/Minister will be expected to oversee both paid staff and volunteers. The Director/Minister will work with both the senior pastor and the youth council. Additionally, the Director/Minister will be expected to work closely with the families of the youth, as well as to be active in the community and local schools.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with education level and experience. Please forward resumes to David Harris, Chairman of the Staff Parish Relations Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org
ASSISTANT YOUTH MINISTER
Trinity Hill United Methodist Church is seeking qualified applicants for our part-time Assistant Youth Minister position. At Trinity Hill you will find a congregation made up of over forty nationalities, all ages and people from different walks of life. Our strong and active congregation is truly representative of that future heavenly diversity. We believe Trinity Hill is “The Church where Everyone is a Minister”, however we are seeking someone with a strong passion to assist our Youth Minister in leading our group of faithful volunteers who will help guide our youth on their spiritual journey.
Qualified candidates should contact Senior Pastor, Steve Drury, 859-272-3456 or email@example.com or Staff Parish Relations Committee Chairperson, Jason Miller, 859-552-6070 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A full job description can be provided to interested candidates. Resumes will be accepted through October 12, 2018.
Southern Hills United Methodist Church, a two-campus, 2000 member church in the south end of Lexington, KY, is seeking an Administrative Assistant to manage an active church office tasked with the daily workings of a busy faith community. A strong passion to work creatively with all kinds of people and situations is called for, in an environment that thrives on creativity and organization. This full-time position includes the following responsibilities:
- Act as a Communications Hub to direct phone traffic, personal inquiries and deliveries to the proper location
- Attend all church staff meetings and maintain a master church calendar for all organizations and ministries
- Direct volunteers who answer phones and prepare mailings
- Assist church staff in producing documents, minutes, letters and notices.
- Prepare weekly bulletin inserts and a monthly newsletter for printing
- Track weekly membership and visitor attendance
- Manage computer information databases. Be proficient in Microsoft Word Suite, Google Drive, Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter), and have the ability to quickly learn and master various church management software.
Team Ministry with a large church staff is an important part of this position in order to contribute to a positive, nurturing staff environment. Confidentiality and loyalty are essential. The successful candidate must have high energy and enthusiasm, a strong Christian faith, excellent organizational and writing skills, and a deep desire to contribute to the growth of a vital congregation. Resumes may be sent to: Dawn Sparks at: email@example.com
DIRECTOR OF WORSHIP
Nicholasville United Methodist Church located in Nicholasville, Kentucky, is looking to hire a Director of Worship. The Director of Worship must have a passion for glorifying God through all aspects of the worship framework. This will be reflected in the design and delivery of the worship experience creating an atmosphere that focuses on celebrating God’s presence.
For more information:
- Call the NUMC church office: 859-885-4481
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out our website: http://numcky.org/about/our-staff/employment-opportunities/job-description-worship-director/
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY VOLUNTEERS
Nicholasville United Methodist Church (NUMC) is looking for some helping hands and loving hearts to volunteer in our children’s rooms downstairs on Sunday mornings.
Are you a student looking for:
Volunteer serving opportunities?
A good reference
All in a safe Christian environment?
If so, consider volunteering one Sunday a month.
For more information…
Contact our Director of Children’s ministries, Pamela Browning.
NUMC Church office phone: 859-885-4481
Or message us on Facebook so Pam can follow up with you.
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY
Birmingham United Methodist Church located in Milton, Georgia, is searching for a Christian disciple and full-time leader for our Children’s Ministry. We are seeking an experienced Director with a passion for leading our children, parents and volunteers in ministries that transform lives and communities by building bridges to Jesus Christ.
The BUMC Children’s Ministry is called “The Treehouse @ BUMC”. Our mission is to guide and grow kids to a “deeply-rooted” personal faith in Jesus, teach them His ways, and empower them to serve the local and global community. Our vision is to partner with families, who are the primary spiritual influence in each child’s life and provide a safe place for children to “grow” and learn about God. For more information, check out their website here.
The key responsibilities of the Director are:
- Set the vision to grow the children’s ministry in concert with BUMC vision
- Execute a strategic ministry plan for birth-5th grade children, which focuses on spiritual faith development appropriate for these ages, adhering to Safe Sanctuary guidelines for all volunteers and paid staff
- Recruit, equip, organize, lead, appreciate and spiritually support laypersons called to use their gifts in ministries with children
- Build relationships with parents, preschoolers and students involved in our nursery, preschool and elementary ministry programs
- Equip our parents in concert with discipleship ministries
- Lead our children in ministries that reach out into our community and build sustainable relationships, including VBS, retreats and other outings involving children and teacher training
- Order curriculum, supplies, resources and equipment needed for all Children’s Ministry groups
- 3-5 years of experience and a proven track record of growing a children’s program
- Theological education is preferred and fundraising experience is a plus
- Clean background check required
Please submit cover letter with salary expectations, current photo and resume to DCMSearch.email@example.com.
MINISTER OF RECREATION
Grayson United Methodist Church, Grayson, Georgia, is seeking a full-time Minister of Recreation who will be responsible for developing, coordinating and administering the recreation ministry of the church. The current program offers basketball, flag football, soccer, adult softball, and various summer camps. The Minister is also responsible for managing recreation facilities, volunteers and paid recreation staff.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a Christian who can help others becoming Disciples of Christ and be able to use sports as a ministry.
- Be a high school graduate with two additional years of education or job experience.
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to interact with a large number of volunteers, the church staff and lay leadership.
- Have the ability to prepare and manage an annual budget.
- Have a functional understanding of recreational equipment and terminology, and have the computer skills necessary to support ministry requirements.
A complete job description is available at https://graysonumc.org or by emailing SPR@graysonumc.org. Resumes and cover letters may be sent to SPR@graysonumc.org or mailed to Grayson United Methodist Church, ATTN: SPR, 555 Grayson Parkway, P.O. Box 361, Grayson, GA 30017.
LEAD TEAM COLLEGE PASTOR
- Helping Lead Staff – Vision casting, motivation and oversight for 40+ current staff members
- Teaching Pastor – Teaching in both small and large group settings
- Select Fundraising – Assisting our fundraising staff with key asks
- Strategic Thinker – Planning ahead with the longview in mind
- Culture Carrier – Living out the cultural values of our ministry
Harvest Bible Church located in Ellsworth, Kansas, is ready for the next season of church growth, salvations, and personal growth in our community. At this time Harvest Bible is looking for a pastor, as our most recent pastor has taken a position with a missions organization/college mentorship agency. Ellsworth is a growing town of 2500, with a surrounding population of close to 1000, and a state correctional facility housing close to 900 inmates. At this time we estimate that a total of 500 people actually attend church, with only 250 attending churches that are not liberal in belief. We believe the harvest is very ripe in our community, but we lack a vision and cohesive mission within our church to accomplish this.
Harvest Bible Church is currently being pastored by three elders, but is anxiously awaiting a man to cast a vision for both personal growth and evangelism to the community and world, and the execution of that vision. Harvest Bible Church is an elder run church of 50-80 in weekly attendance. It currently owns outright two buildings, one used as a ministry center/food bank and the other capable of handling up to 200 worshippers.
As our pastor we would look for the following responsibilities to be filled:
- Serve as the primary teacher of God’s Word to our congregation
- Serve as the spiritual leader of our congregation; setting a standard for walking with God and spurring others on to a similar walk
- Serve as lead elder; guiding meetings, ensure proper delegation, create accountability for leadership roles in the church
- Cast the vision for both personal growth, local missions, and world missions
- Convey and lead the implementation of this vision for personal growth, local missions, and engagement in world missions
- Be the main source of counseling and pastoral care for the church congregation
- Conduct funerals, weddings, and baptisms as necessary
- Develop Mentoring relationships within the church to bring up new leaders and spiritually capable people
- These responsibilities will not reflect the whole of the ministry position, but a general description. Additional responsibilities could arise or be shared within the church as a need arises and dependent upon the gifting and capabilities of the individual.
- A mature growing believer with Godly character consistent with the guidelines for an elder as outlined in Titus 1 and 1 Timothy 3
- Has a practice of a consistent time in the Word and Prayer
- Holding a high view of Scripture and able to communicate it effectively
- The desire to develop a heart for the community
- A man who sees a vision of evangelism and church growth in Ellsworth
- Willingness to commit long-term to the spiritual condition of Ellsworth
- Ability to handle conflict biblically and effectively
- An appropriate level of Bible/Ministry Education. A Seminary degree would be great, but not necessary. Will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Local Ministry Experience or Similar
- Agreement with the By-laws of Harvest Bible Church
Salary and Benefits:
- Complete Salary package between 40,000 and 60,000, to be comparable with median income of similar family size in the community.
- Salary can be divided however deemed appropriate upon acceptance of the job.
- Please include a resume with references emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recordings (preferably video) of at least one teaching should be either linked or included
- Upon review of applications an in-person meeting will be requested with Harvest Bible Church paying for travel expenses.
PreK/Elementary Teacher in China
Promise Opens Doors is a leading provider of real time distance language learning, based in Missouri and providing high quality online English language instruction to over 13,000 students since 2004. We are also the first official licensee of TESOL International Association, and offer the TESOL Core Certificate online.
We are acting as a third party recruiting agent for the following position:
Prek/elementary education facility in China, www.kiddieedu.com, with over 75 satellite centers in Shanghai, Foshan and Changzhou, seeking individuals to provide English language instruction to children ages 3-12 years, using American Creative Teaching Press curricula. This is a one year salaried and contracted commitment to live and teach in China. Applicant must hold valid US passport.
Bachelors degree in education w/ TESOL or ESL – experience preferred but not required or Bachelors degree in any major w/ 2 years experience
Salary: $1455 – $2088 depending on background/experience
Housing: subsidized or provided, depending on location
Resume to: email@example.com
Contact person: Carol Verrone
Additionally: If you are interested in earning a TESOL Certificate to enhance your teaching abroad qualifications, Promise Opens Doors is an official licensee of TESOL International Association, and offers the TESOL Core Certificate. This 145 hour certificate is one of the most widely recognized in the world. We offer it fully online with online teaching practicum hours included. Complete your certificate in 4-6 months with an average workload of 10 hours/week. Find us here: www.promiseopensdoorstesol.org