Jobs and Ministry Opportunities
Bethel Evangelical Free Church of Fairmont, Minnesota, is seeking a Senior Pastor to shepherd our congregation and staff into the future through strong scriptural preaching, compassionate care for our people, and management skills for the ministries of the church. We are the largest Evangelical church in the area, and have a campus in a nearby town, along with a Hispanic ministry at our main location. We are a mission minded church with an average attendance of 400-450 on a Sunday, seeking to impact our local community and the world with the gospel of Jesus. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF CONGREGATIONAL CARE MINISTRIES
New Covenant United Methodist Church is seeking an Associate Director of Congregational Care Ministries.
Supervision: Director of Congregational Care Ministries
Compensation: Full-time, Exempt
Working Relationships: The Associate Director of Congregational Care Ministries reports directly to the Director of Congregational Care and will coordinate with campus pastors regarding all matters involving congregational care ministries.
General Job Description: The Associate of Director of Congregational Care is responsible for assisting the Director in developing, planning and executing the congregational care program for NCUMC and the local campuses under the direction of the Senior Pastor, which reflects the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Goals of NCUMC. The Associate Director will coordinate with campus pastors, as needed, to ensure their local congregational care needs are being addressed. In the absence of the Director, the Associate must be able to perform all duties of the Congregational Care Director.
- A deep personal commitment to Christ
- Commitment to and readiness to share in fulfilling the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Goals of NCUMC
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Consistently interact with congregants and public with warmth and hospitality
- Ability to work with a servant attitude in a cooperative team spirit
- Strong administrative, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Compassion for ill, hurting and terminally ill people
- Ability to coordinate and train volunteers for Care Ministries
- Flexibility in duties and hours
- Willingness to visit in hospitals, homes and other facilities on weekends/evenings when people are very ill
- Competence with PC or Mac systems and Microsoft Office and Shelby software programs.
- Masters from an accredited seminary in process or completed strongly preferred.
- Candidate for United Methodist ministry preferred
- Under the supervision of the Congregational Care Director, co-ordinate the assignment and scheduling needs of the newly commissioned Congregational Care minister volunteers, currently a team of approximately 35-40 persons.
- This will involve co-ordination of care needs from phone and email contacts as well as care cards.
- It will include maintaining a system of ministry contact from initial referral, through providing care, to reporting contacts and providing feedback.
- This will include scheduling meetings, trainings, proficiency with our Shelby/Arena system and programs associated with Microsoft Office.
- In conjunction with the Director, train and supervise the volunteers in the department’s ministry areas including the Congregational Care ministers.
- Make pre-op and care phone contacts, including prayer
- Regularly visit in hospital and other facilities with love and compassion/primary visitation focus will be hospitals outside the Villages geographical area.
- In cooperation with the Director of Congregational Care, manage and supervise the ministries of the department; primary contact person for the Prime Time ministry.
- Participate in departmental and staff wide meetings/devotions
- Assume responsibility of ministry areas as assigned; supervise and grow them.
- Develop skills for leadership to perform memorials/funerals/liturgical roles.
- Serve on a rotating schedule with other on call pastors.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director or Senior Pastor
- Pray for congregational care ministry and its staff and leaders on a regular basis.
- Serve as liturgist at Campus services s needed or scheduled.
- This position may require staffing the care department office space at the Lake Deaton campus.
- The AD will attend a weekly care department staff meeting.
- This position will require scheduled office hours Monday through Friday, as well as weekend duties as they arise.
Director/Pastor for High School and Young Adult Ministries
Birmingham United Methodist Church, 1589 West Maple Rd., Birmingham, Mi. 48009
Job Title: Director/Pastor for High School and Young Adult Ministries
Position Type: Full Time, Salary
Application Deadline: February 22, 2019, or until filled
Reports To: Senior Pastor or Designee
Direct Reports: Part-time paid high school ministry coordinator; Volunteer counselors and leaders
Compensation: Competitive salary & benefits commensurate with experience.
Key Metrics: Accountability for meeting established targets in the following areas:
- Weekly attendance by high school students in discipleship groups
- Young Adult participation in discipleship groups
- High School student and young adult involvement in mission and service opportunities.
- Number of volunteer leaders trained and regularly engaged in providing leadership.
Role: To be the primary pastor/director responsible for development, support, and expansion of ministries that engage high school students and young adults. Work with Children and Family ministries and the pastors overseeing discipleship to develop a comprehensive program for recruiting, developing and nurturing disciples of Jesus Christ across all ages.
- Preference given to candidates with theological training, either a graduate or master’s degree in religion or divinity.
- Training in child protection policies required; preference for persons able to provide training to other staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead youth and young adult ministries, through documented success in increasing the number of persons participating in regularly scheduled faith formation experiences.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Provide vision and leadership for the High School and Young Adult Ministries of Birmingham First
- Develop a core group of young adults (20s and 30s) and with them expand young adult programming as outlined in the congregation’s FORWARD plan (this may be reviewed at http://www.fumcbirmingham.org/forward/)
- Support development and launch of new worship service(s) to meet needs of young adults; currently planned for Saturday evenings
- Identify, develop and empower High School and Young Adult team leaders and coaches
- Develop and implement strategies for High School students and Young Adults to participate in, lead, and develop new Journey Groups
- Develop, organize and lead high school and young adult mission and service projects – local, regional, national and international – with volunteer leaders and counselors, in collaboration with the Missions Committee and relating staff.
- Support annual choir camp through alliance with Director of Music.
- Responsible for working with Communications Coordinator on the promotion and marketing of High School and Young Adult ministries and missions
- Cultivate positive relationships with high school students and their families in the church, community and local schools.
- Be present with young adults in community, developing relationships and inviting persons to participate in the life of the congregation.
- Plan and administer an annual calendar of activities designed to connect high school students and young adults to God, to others, to ministry and to mission, so they can become fully devoted followers of Christ.
- Submit and administer an annual high school and young adult ministry budget.
- Support the general pastoral needs of the church including teaching, counseling, on-call support, Sunday morning and Saturday evening worship service hosting, and collaboration on shared initiatives
- Carry out all duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the congregation’s stated purpose and values
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; hear or smell. The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 30 pounds.
Our Purpose: To gather, nurture and equip disciples of Jesus Christ for ministry and mission in the world.
Our Core Values: Welcome All, Put Love Into Action, Honor God Through Excellence, Embrace Bold Vision, Encourage Lifelong Spiritual Growth, Support One Another
Welcoming Statement: Embracing the example of Jesus, we welcome you here with hearts that know no boundaries of age, race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, ability, or economic circumstance.
Send Resume to: Rev. Shawn Lewis-Lakin – slewis-lakin@fumcbirmingham.
First Baptist Huntsville Internships
First Baptist Church of Huntsville, Alabama, is looking for ministry interns for the Summer of 2019.
FBC Huntsville is a leading CBF & SBC church in north-central Alabama
The internship is for 10 weeks from the end of May to the beginning of August and offers many opportunities to lead ministry activities, develop relationships, and grow in ministerial experience. Persons eligible to apply for the positions are graduating college seniors entering seminary or seminary students looking to ministry as a vocation. The compensation is competitive with other summer job possibilities.
Internships are available in the following areas:
Persons filling positions may have overlapping responsibilities in other ministry areas. In addition to experience in specialized areas, summer interns will be awarded the opportunity to participate in pastoral care, staff planning, reflection of ministry performance, and the overall ministry and mission of the church.
For more information on First Baptist Huntsville, go to fbchsv.org/internships.
Send resumes to email@example.com by March 1, 2019.
600 Governors Drive, Huntsville, Alabama 35801 256-428-9400
First Baptist Church in Hickory, North Carolina, is seeking an experienced senior pastor filled with the Holy Spirit, who has an intimate relationship with the Lord, and who affirms our mission and identity statements, to minister to a multi-generational body of believers.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- An accomplished preacher and teacher of the Bible with academic credentials at the Masters of Divinity level or higher;
- Experienced in full-time ministry for five to ten years or more, including senior pastor experience for at least 5 years;
- A strong preaching skill set with a style that may range from pastoral, narrative, to expository with casual and energetic delivery;
- A proactive, strong leader that collaborates with staff and other church leaders and shares leadership with those that are capable;
- A servant-leader who connects with all our people and who invests in ministering to them;
- A mentor, motivator, and compassionate leader for our church staff and congregation.
- A role model for the Christ-like life who exhibits humility and integrity.
- A person who uses modern technology in sermon delivery.
Preferred Character and Personal Qualities:
- A close and observable relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Belief that the Bible is the written word of God.
- A strong and unmistakable call to Christian ministry and missions.
- Humility, sincerity, self-confidence, integrity, and a servant’s heart
- Warmth, compassion, and caring
- A “people person” who desires to relate to all church members and visitors.
- Ability to equip in a variety of approaches to evangelism and discipleship.
- Engages in personal pastoral care and can equip the church to do so as well.
- Collaborates with the congregation, led by the Holy Spirit, to envision a future for First Baptist Church and participates in that vision.
FBC is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Please send resume and cover letter to PSC, First Baptist Church, 339 2nd Avenue, NW, Hickory, NC 28601 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Audio and/or video recordings of sermons may be submitted. Deadline is February 23, 2019.
Restoration Christian Counseling strives to provide clinically sound, faith-based counseling services to adults, adolescents, children, and families. Our offices are located in Nicholasville, Danville and Williamstown, Kentucky, and we are seeking to hire a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor or a Licensed Clinical Social Worker to work primarily in our Nicholasville office. This position will initially be part-time while building a client base but could increase to a full-time position. Working at Restoration Christian Counseling offers a very flexible work schedule and a unique opportunity to further develop a professional area of specialization.
Educational and Experiential Criteria:
· Master’s degree in Counseling or Social Work required plus three years related experience preferred.
· LPCC, LCSW, or equivalent licensure required.
· Experience working with adults, children, mental health issues, and substance use disorders preferred.
· Experience in using the DSM 5 to identify diagnoses.
· Experience in completing initial assessments, treatment plans, and progress notes.
· Theological education or continuing education in Christian counseling principles and practices preferred.
· Conduct counseling sessions for adults, children, and families dealing with mental health issues, relational issues, and/or substance use disorders.
· Complete all required documentation, including initial assessments, treatment plans, and progress notes.
· Follow all legal and ethical guidelines as mandated by the appropriate state licensing board as well as HIPAA.
· Receive phone calls of new potential clients and schedule appointments.
· Collect payment for counseling sessions.
· Participate in the credentialing process to become in-network with various health insurance companies.
If interested, please send resumes to:
Restoration Christian Counseling, PLLC
100 W. Oak Street
Nicholasville, KY 40356
Or email resumes to: email@example.com
PreK/Elementary Teacher in China
Promise Opens Doors is a leading provider of real time distance language learning, based in Missouri and providing high quality online English language instruction to over 13,000 students since 2004. We are also the first official licensee of TESOL International Association, and offer the TESOL Core Certificate online.
We are acting as a third party recruiting agent for the following position:
Prek/elementary education facility in China, www.kiddieedu.com, with over 75 satellite centers in Shanghai, Foshan and Changzhou, seeking individuals to provide English language instruction to children ages 3-12 years, using American Creative Teaching Press curricula. This is a one year salaried and contracted commitment to live and teach in China. Applicant must hold valid US passport.
Bachelors degree in education w/ TESOL or ESL – experience preferred but not required or Bachelors degree in any major w/ 2 years experience
Salary: $1455 – $2088 depending on background/experience
Housing: subsidized or provided, depending on location
Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person: Carol Verrone
Additionally: If you are interested in earning a TESOL Certificate to enhance your teaching abroad qualifications, Promise Opens Doors is an official licensee of TESOL International Association, and offers the TESOL Core Certificate. This 145 hour certificate is one of the most widely recognized in the world. We offer it fully online with online teaching practicum hours included. Complete your certificate in 4-6 months with an average workload of 10 hours/week. Find us here: www.promiseopensdoorstesol.org