Jobs and Ministry Opportunities October 2020
*We seek to inform all our alumni of all opportunities available to them. The doctrine and theology represented in the job descriptions below may not reflect the theological stance of Asbury Theological Seminary. They have been provided by individual churches, ministries, and employers, and will reflect those organizations’ values.
Please email any job opportunities you know of to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not add them as comments to this article, as they are unlikely to be seen.
ASSOCIATE PASTOR – FIRST COVENANT CHURCH, FLORIDA
Job Title: Associate Pastor
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Position Status: Full-Time, Salaried
The Associate Pastor gives attention to the administrative details related to programming and aids in all pastoral responsibilities as deemed necessary and/or appropriate by the Pastor.
– Assist the Pastor in the overall programming of the church, aid in special projects, and implement specific assignments by the Pastor related to general pastoral activities.
– Maintain clear channels of communication with the Pastor to inform the Pastor’s input, insight and affirmation related to plans and decisions.
– Meet regularly with the Pastor and ministerial staff for planning, evaluating and coordinating the ministries of the church.
– Supervise and assist the ministerial staff in planning, coordinating and implementing programs related to their areas of responsibility.
– Help launch and lead new ministries in support of church growth including children’s and youth ministries.
– Work with the Pastor and appropriate committees and other staff members in developing new programs and ministries.
– Work with the staff and congregation to achieve the objectives of the church.
– Work with appropriate groups to develop a comprehensive church calendar.
– Organize and oversee a visitation program to include in-reach and outreach.
– Direct a program for new member and new Christians orientation.
– Work toward becoming ordained in the Evangelical Covenant Church.
Please send resumes and cover letters to the attention of Carol Chanter at email@example.com
CHRIST CHURCH IN BIRMINGHAM, AL NEEDS MISSIONS MINISTER
We are need of a full-time Missions Minister. This is for a global and local minister.
Please send your resume to 5091 Caldwell Mill Road Birmingham, AL 35242.
YOUTH PASTOR/DIRECTOR – BRIDGE COMMUNITY CHURCH
Bridge Community Church is seeking a Youth Pastor / Director of Youth. For more details and to apply, please contact Marjorie Lewan at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: (248) 879-9500.
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY COORDINATOR – EVANGELICAL UM
Evangelical United Methodist in Greenville, Ohio is searching for a Children’s Ministry Coordinator. For more information and to apply, please contact Jeff Harper at: email@example.com or call 937-548-3211.
CHILDREN’S PASTOR – VINEYARD COLUMBUS IN WESTERVILLE, OHIO
What kind of person are we looking for?
Vineyard Columbus (VC) is looking for a Children’s Pastor. This commissioned pastor will direct VC Kids ministry at Cooper Rd Campus, ministering to children birth through fifth grade and the families of Vineyard Columbus. The VC Kids Pastor at Cooper Rd. Campus will work directly with VC Kids Center Pastor to ensure consistency in programming and safety protocols. Represent Weekend Team through ministry alignment with Vineyard’s mission, vision, values, strategic plan, and direction. Serve as a member of the Vineyard Columbus Pastoral Team, meeting regularly to discuss church strategy, vision, trends, theology, collaboration, spiritual development, and providing the best care for the congregants of Vineyard Columbus.
This position will also contribute to church-wide pastoral duties including weekend duties, weddings, funerals, etc. This position will be a commissioned minister and pastor for Vineyard Columbus. The person will minister and serve the congregation by supporting and enhancing the mission of Vineyard Columbus as well as serve cross-functionally with other ministry areas at Vineyard Columbus as required.
If you are interested and want more information, click here for a full description and details.
CHURCH PLANTER AND PASTOR – GALLATIN, TN
We are “IN SPIRIT AND TRUTH,” a small group of conservative Christians who feel led to start a church with a firm foundation in His Biblical Word and Teaching. Our goal is to reach the unsaved and unchurched and build disciples to grow God’s Kingdom. We have been praying that God will send us an individual to which He has given this desire also, and together we will glorify Christ through planting a church in Gallatin, Tenn. If God is calling you to find out more and to obtain additional information send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIGITAL AND COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR – NEW COVENANT UMC
Relationships: The Digital and Communications Director reports directly to the Senior
Pastor and closely with the Directors of Worship, Discipleship, and Administration. They will manage
the Communications team in the overall mission of NCUMC. They must be able to work
independently and make decisions regarding the support of a digital ministry and be responsible for
managing all aspects of external communication.
General Job Description: The Digital and Communications Director is responsible to lead and
develop the digital campus presence of NCUMC which includes information, resources, and the online
community. Their role is both pastoral and an engagement expert. They are also responsible for
developing, planning and executing all aspects for external communications for marketing NCUMC,
which reflects the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Goals of NCUMC in coordination with all
appropriate pastors, directors, staff and lay leaders.
• Commitment to and readiness to share in fulfilling the vision and mission of NCUMC
• Willingness to uphold and support NCUMC’s values of: Spiritual Growth, Hospitality, Generosity,
Community, Invitational, Service and Caring
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Consistently interact with congregants and public with warmth and hospitality
• Ability to work with a servant attitude in a cooperative team spirit
• Strong administrative, organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Exceptional online communication experience, phone skills, writing, public speaking, creative
communication and blogging and use of platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Google
• Technical skills should include a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, and
other Adobe products, Google Apps, Web Design programs, HTML, and database usage
• Experience dealing with virtual platforms and online services
• Proven project management skills
• A minimum of (3) three years’ experience in ministry, pastoral leadership, small group
• Proven supervisory and leadership skills
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Research, establish, lead, and support an online campus. The model should include service
elements each week, logistical support for online campus volunteers, and follow-up on campus
• Host online campus services and develop procedures, processes for chat communication,
prayer, and new members
• Set up online small groups and teams for community building, online, and physical events
• Build awareness for a digital campus via social media and other avenues deemed necessary by
working with the communication team
• Works with Communication team to develop strategic communication and marketing plans,
and coordinate implementation across media platforms. Maximize web strategy and resources
to connect people to Christ and the community
Send resumes to:
Anne Foote Hill
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN AND YOUTH – KEYSTONE UMC, FL
Keystone United Methodist Church (KUMC) in Keystone Heights, Florida, seeks a full-time Director of Children and Youth Ministries to serve as an integral part of the church’s staff team. The Director of Children and Youth Ministries serves children, youth, and their families in the church and community through developing, implementing, administering, and growing ministry programs designed to meet their spiritual, social, and emotional needs.
The salary is competitive, commensurate with training and experience, and benefits include a monthly health benefit stipend and paid leave for: vacation leave; Holiday leave; and continuing education.
• A cover letter describing your interest in the position and a statement of your personal faith
• A résumé including contact information for three professional references and your employment history in church ministry for children and youth ministry positions
Send application materials by mail or email to:
Rev. Jeff Tate, Lead Pastor
Keystone United Methodist Church
4004 SR 21 SE
Keystone Heights, FL 32656
Church Phone: (352) 473-3829
Position available: Immediately
Deadline for applications: Application period is open until the position is filled.
REVIVE LIFE HOUSE – SHIFT SUPERVISOR, NICHOLASVILLE, KY
POSITION SUMMARY: As Shift Supervisor, it will be your responsibility to handle and care for
residents, and all emergency procedures as well as all oversight of the programs day-to-day
operations. As Shift Supervisor, it is required that you fill out all paper and computer programs that
involve all policy and procedures. These duties apply to the Revive Life House operated by Revive
Shift supervisors direct the activities of clients during a specific period or shift. This involves working
with them to ensure they are in treatment as required, participating in programming or other activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
1. Must have organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
2. Maintain appropriate boundaries with clients as outlined in Agency Code of Ethics, Relationships with Clients, Former Clients, and Notification Requirements, and other policies while providing peer mentoring and guidance of clients in residential setting.
3. The applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
4. Basic computer skills required.
5. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
6. Physical Considerations: While performing the duties of the job the employee is required to stand, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, ascend and descend stairs, talk or listen in normal conversation levels and lift up to 25 pounds.
AT-WILL EMPLOYER STATEMENT
Revive Life House/ Ministries is an At-Will employer. This means that regardless of any provision on
this form, the company or employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any
reason, with or without cause or notice. Nothing in this employee job description or in any document
or statement, written or oral, shall limit the right to terminate employment at-will. No officer, employee
or representative of the company is authorized to enter into an agreement-express or implied-with
any employee for employment for a specified period of time unless such an agreement is in a written
contract signed by the Executive Director or Program Director of the company.
For more information or to apply, please email Tom Shafer at: email@example.com
or call him at: 859-457-8472
DIRECTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRY IN TYLER, TX
Location: Marvin UMC in Tyler, TX
The Role: The Director of Student Ministry will lead students into deeper faith in Jesus, through fellowship and friendship, engaging programming for students, and discipleship.
The Director of Student Ministry will:
Lead and develop ministry on Sunday mornings, Sunday evenings and Wednesday evenings.
Develop and implement programming that supports students in their relationship with Christ in the spirit of the Marvin Way.
Multiply ministry through sustainable structures of recruiting, developing and empowering volunteer leaders.
Work with other staff to integrate students into the life of the church.
Work with and provide leadership to the Youth Council.
Continue to develop and oversee college small groups and their leaders
For more information and to apply, visit here.
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY MINISTRIES IN WINTER SPRINGS, FLORIDA
Director of Children and Family Ministries New Covenant Anglican Church Winter Springs, Florida, United States
Church Size: 200
New Covenant Anglican Church (www.new-covenant-church.com) is a Christ-centered, multigenerational, church located in Winter Springs Florida. We see ministry to children as an essential aspect of our ministry as a parish and a powerful doorway to disciple families who are just coming to know Jesus Christ. Our new part-time Director of Children and Family Ministries will equip our newly arriving and current parents to raise their children in the good news of Jesus Christ. This person will champion children’s discipleship that focuses on experiencing the good news of the Gospel through biblical literacy, whole-life formation, and a Great Commission vision in the framework of a local church.
1. Is a baptized follower of Jesus Christ and desires to minister in a parish setting, particularly to families and children inside and outside our parish.
2. Displays Christian character and maturity that is worthy of emulation and can serve as a healthy model for children and their families.
3. Is passionate about the opportunities of the Great Commission both locally and globally, with compassion and experience in ministry to those still far from God.
4. Ability to clearly communicate the Gospel to others and teach effectively to a variety of ages.
5. Is knowledgeable about video production and social media platforms and comfortable leading in those venues.
6. Prior experience leading children’s ministries or teaching in an elementary school.
7. Organized and works well with other people, with demonstrated ability to build a team and utilize a diversity of gifted individuals.
8. Able to connect well with both children and parents, with flexibility and compassion towards a variety of family situations and perspectives.
9. Is familiar with and appreciative of the rhythms and dynamics of liturgical worship and the Church Year.
10. Personally affirms the Nicene Creed and feels at home within a three-streams expression (Evangelical, Sacramental, and Charismatic) of Christian faith with an Anglican identity (BCP 1662, 39 Articles of Religion)
11. Values scripture for themselves and has facility in cultivating biblical literacy and engagement with learners of varied exposure and knowledge.
12. Values the insights of child development experts and engages in developmentally appropriate practice.
13. Advanced study of scripture and child development is valued.
1. Our Director will be a leader in conversations about how to best connect and reach children and their families both in-person and online. They will shape development of strategies for both venues as well as selection of curriculum, resources for special events and connection with other parish ministries.
2. Our Director of Children’s Ministry will oversee our weekly formation experience with children ages birth- 6th grade and their families both in-person (Sunday School) and online.
3. Our Director will oversee volunteers for all children’s ministries: Nursery and Sunday School (birth through 6th grade) and our Online team. This includes scheduling, ordering curriculum, facilitating planning and training meetings, and preparing materials prior to Sunday.
4. On Sunday morning and online, be comfortable and skilled as the face and leader of the parish’s outreach to children and their families, walk the halls and help direct children, parents, and teachers.
5. Work with the church staff to include children in the worshipping life of the church.
6. Create connections and curate resources for parents to grow in confidence as disciple-makers within their families and community. This would include regular written, verbal, and personal communication to strengthen community and scaffold spiritual growth in a variety of age appropriate ways.
7. Our Director will serve in a peer relationship with other church staff and will report to the Rector.
Hours and Compensation:
1. 18 average hours per week. Sunday morning presence is essential, as are scheduled Children and Family Ministry events. Weekly staff meeting. Other weekday hours are generally flexible.
2. Salary: $18,000 per year
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROGRAM MANAGER FOR 4 PILLARS COUNSELING & ENRICHMENT CENTER IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA
First United Methodist Church of Winter Park is looking for a program manager for the 4 Pillars Counseling and Enrichment Center. The position is regular part-time, and the salary is TBD.
4 Pillars Counseling & Enrichment Center seeks to alleviate suffering and empower individuals and families to live healthier, more hopeful lives through counseling services and behavioral health support. Specialization areas include marriage and family, trauma-informed, addiction, LGBTQIA+, and child play therapy.
Position plays a critical role supporting the development, implementation and strategic growth of ministry program initiatives, resources and partnerships. Collaborates closely with program leadership, staff, community and institutional partners in the local community to maximize ministry integration, promote financial sustainability and expand program impact. Occasional evening and weekend work hours are required.
Main position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborates with the Counseling Center program administrative council and Board of Directors in the development, implementation and management of program operations and initiatives in furtherance of Church vision, mission and goals;
- Serves as the administrative contact and staff liaison for the program ministry, providing proactive and timely communication and information to program staff, volunteers and participants, including site leasees;
- Manages the administrative and functional planning of program activities, projects, events and initiatives, including logistical and financial considerations, advertising and communications, and regulatory compliance;
- Participates in ongoing program performance management, regularly reviewing and evaluating program outcomes, practices and participation to ensure maximum effectiveness, appropriateness and alignment with Church vision and mission;
- Participates in the formulation of long-range program planning and development, including financial strategy, budget management, risk analysis and resource development;
- Supports the development, training and oversight of an effective volunteer network of Church members, interns, ministry partners and community leaders in the facilitation of program education and development, ensuring appropriate training, background check, and safety procedures are followed prior to ministry participation;
- Assists in the coordination of program resource development and financial administration, including budget management, fundraising, grant and resource allocation, expense reporting and donor management;
- Manages program administrative records, reporting, communications and other program-related documentation (including annual reports, policies and procedures) in compliance with legal regulations, internal operational guidelines and program requirements;
- Maintains appropriate boundaries while cultivating healthy professional relationships with program participants, volunteers and staff;
- Represents the counseling program and Church within the local geographical community, participating as appropriate in related forums, roundtables, conferences and ministries for partnership and outreach purposes;
- Supports program integration into the life of the congregation and community by fostering spiritual growth and encouraging proactive ministry connection and participation;
- Understands and supports the Church vision, mission, values and direction, as developed and communicated, proactively participating as a member of the Church staff team;
- Maintains a current knowledge of contemporary and regulatory best practices, innovation, and trends in the behavioral health field by participating in appropriate training, continuing education and networking activities;
- Other as deemed necessary by Church leadership.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Support FUMCWP’s vision, core values and commitment to inclusion, inspired by a personal faith in Jesus Christ.
• Master’s degree in social work, health care administration, public administration or a related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
• Minimum five years professional program management experience in a faith-based, public service or non-profit organization, preferably in a behavioral healthcare setting.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working within local geographical communities and the social, health and economic issues affecting those communities;
• Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to compose professional communications, adapt messages in an audience-appropriate
Interested candidates can apply at https://fumcwp.org/careers/.
EXECUTIVE MINISTER NEEDED IN OHIO
Village Chapel is accepting applications for an Executive Minister who will lead Village Chapel in reaching out and raising up disciples for Jesus Christ by leading/coaching ministry staff and ministry leaders; by engaging ministries/people proactively; and by serving the Lead Pastor.
For complete description of position and on information to apply, click here.
ASSOCIATE PASTOR NEEDED IN TEXARKANA, TX
EMPLOYER: Williams Memorial United Methodist Church, 4000 Moores Lane. Texarkana, TX 75503
DUTIES: Lead and develop Korean ministry. Administer the holy rituals, including baptismal ceremonies and communions. Officiate as Minister at marriage and funeral services. Lead prayer and research the Bible. Make pastoral visit and counsel, prepare, and preach sermons. Officiate at all services, prayer meetings and Bible study classes. Direct all worships and meetings to be conducted properly. Form and carry out every worship service, prayer meetings, and Bible study classes. Organize Church committees, and designate members and chairman. Plan and direct major Church activities. Implement, and monitor programs and activities of the Church. Provide administrative leadership for the Church committee and all volunteers within the Church. Lead the missionary ministry.
Master’s Degree in Divinity or Theology. Must be ordained as Pastor. Must be fluent in Korean language.
WORK SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Any interested and qualified persons should send resume to: Williams Memorial United Methodist Church, 4000 Moores Lane. Texarkana, TX 75503
PART-TIME YOUNG ADULT DIRECTOR IN BRANDON, FL
We are looking for someone to grow our young adult ministry at New Hope UMC, Brandon. New Hope is a large UMC just outside Tampa in Hillsborough County.
The Director of Young Adult Ministry will form and lead small groups for college age and career age young adults, develop relationships with local college campuses, and provide mission and fellowship opportunities for this age group. This is a position that will start at 10 hours/week but has the potential to grow to full-time as needed.
For more information, contact Pastor Vicki at email@example.com.
CHRISTIAN STUDENT FELLOWSHIP (CSF) SEEKING PHILANTHROPY TEAM/FINANCIAL TEAM ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Christian Student Fellowship (CSF) is seeking an organized individual to assist our Philanthropy Team and Financial Team in our organizational and fundraising efforts. We’re willing to consider candidates who can work Part-Time and potentially Full-Time, given the right candidate and how the role evolves. This position includes an appropriate salary and benefits.
We need someone highly organized to assist our philanthropy/financial team in a variety of ways. The role we are hiring is someone who can help keep the philanthropy team on track to achieve both day-to-day and long-term, ministry-wide goals, by helping others attain goals as well as a collective team. We currently have 3 full-time development/fundraising workers who are traveling all over the state raising money for the ministry. There are a lot of moving pieces in these efforts and we need someone to help set us up for success and stay organized. While this position doesn’t require personal fundraising for the position’s salary (unlike other roles at CSF), the ideal candidate will be willing to occasionally join philanthropy team members in fundraising meetings, though unlikely to happen.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Some form of fundraising or non-profit experience is helpful
• Database experience and/or how they operate
• Very Organized
• Detail Oriented
• Takes initiative – Can anticipate problems and needs of the team and looks for areas to help us improve
• Can be flexible with time and assigned tasks
• Previous fundraising experience preferred (but not required)
• Great written and oral communications skills–as well as editing and proofreading
• Can work collaboratively as well as individually
• Willing to hold people’s feet to the fire to ensure things get done on time
• Willingness to learn new things
• Positive spirit
• Believes in CSF’s Mission
• Maintain and update our donor management system
• Donor research for fundraising team
• Input all gifts/donations into donor database
• Create and distribute reports for Philanthropy Team, ministry Director, and CSF Board
• Gift reconciliation
• Oversee donor stewardship, including thank you notes and tax receipts
• Create weekly agenda for team meetings and taking meeting minutes
• Maintain and order office supplies • Other responsibilities assigned by the team or ministry Director
If you or someone you know has this skill set, or if you have any questions about the position, please get in touch with Gabe Measner at firstname.lastname@example.org
SALEM COMMUNITY CHURCH SEEKING LEAD PASTOR
Salem United Methodist Church in Clarksville, TN, is in the process of disaffiliating from the UMC denomination. We are in search of a new pastor for Salem Community Church — a conservative, traditional replacement of Salem UMC. We are located in Salem Community, south of Clarksville. Our UMC membership is around 300, however, our average attendance before the pandemic was 120. We are interested in candidates who have some experience, but are still young and would like to stay in one place for many years.
Responsibilities for Pastor:
Prepare and deliver weekly sermons
Host special events and guests as required
Maintain a strong professional image reflective of the church mission
Conduct personal and premarital counseling services
Work with church boards and advisory councils to determine the direction of the organization
Implement programs and events in alignment with the church's mission
Carry out community support initiatives such as trips and activities
Qualifications for Pastor:
Minimum 5 years of experience as a pastor
Must be ordained in their faith
Good written and verbal communication skills
Exceptional problem solving and conflict resolution skills
Strong speaking and presentation skills
Good active listening and willingness to help
Service-oriented with genuine care for the wellbeing of people
Excellent social perceptiveness and engagement
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com
Or visit their page on Indeed.com here.
ZION MENNONITE CHURCH LOOKING FOR LONG-TERM LEAD PASTOR
Zion Mennonite Church, near Harrisonburg, VA, is currently seeking a long-term lead pastor to join our pastoral team.
Vision for Pastoral Leadership:
Pastoral leadership at Zion Mennonite Church (ZMC) is centered in Jesus Christ and empowers the congregation, individually and corporately, to become committed followers of Christ through teaching, preaching, discipling, pastoral care and administration. By example and through relationship building, pastoral leadership engages and leads the congregation to develop deep, personal relationships with Christ and to experience the challenges and joys of their faith journey. Pastoral leadership is responsible for the spiritual, emotional and social needs of the congregation and fosters growth as disciples of Jesus Christ and transformation by the Holy Spirit so that God’s healing and hope flow through us to the world.
The lead pastor is called by the congregation, and is accountable to the congregation for his/her ministry. He/she reports directly to the Personnel Committee of the Congregational Leadership Team. He/she works as team leader with other pastoral and administrative staff to meet the needs of the congregation. Other pastoral staff report to the lead pastor for ministry issues, and to the Personnel Committee for employment issues.
Terms of Service:
A term of service is four years and can be renewed every four years after a favorable discernment process prior to the end of each term. After the first year of a new pastorate, the Personnel Committee will conduct a review to assess the job performance and satisfaction of the lead pastor, and make adjustments accordingly.
The pastor provides leadership in the following areas of ministry:
1. Worship and Preaching. Provide overall leadership for the worship and preaching ministries of the congregation. In this area of ministry, the lead pastor will:
a. Preach an average of three Sundays per month
b. Lead worship at least 1-2 times per quarter
c. Decide on a variety of worship themes and series in consultation with other pastoral staff, Elders, and the Worship Commission
d. Ensure that worship leaders and other preachers are assigned and prepared for each Sunday
e. Provide primary staff support for the Worship Commission and other groups planning worship and music
2. Faith Formation. Foster opportunities for individual and group faith enrichment. In this area of ministry, the lead pastor will:
a. Connect with each adult Sunday School class on an annual basis and be available for developing and/or teaching occasional Sunday School classes or series
b. Encourage and resource growth in discipleship through small groups and mentor relationships
c. Oversee planning and implementation of baptismal preparation classes and perform baptisms
d. Assist in the planning and leadership of retreats and spiritual enrichment events
e. Collaborate with pastoral staff to provide staff support for the Faith Formation Commission
3. Pastoral Care. Carry out the ministry of visitation, pastoral care, and pastoral counseling. In this area of ministry, the lead pastor will:
a. Build relationships with the congregation through personal contact and visitation
b. Provide crisis ministry (e.g. hospital and home visitation, funeral planning, other intervention)
c. Cooperatively with pastoral staff, plan special services such as baby dedications, commissioning, anointing, or prayer services
d. Provide individual, couple, or group counseling as needed, and make appropriate referrals
e. Conduct premarital counseling and perform weddings as requested
f. Meet regularly with Elders to discuss pastoral, spiritual and relational concerns of the congregation
g. Provide primary staff support for the Care Commission
4. Mission and Service. Promote local, national and international mission and service activity. In this area of ministry, the lead pastor will:
a. Work to discern the culture and missional context of the local communities of the Broadway-Harrisonburg area to share the gospel in word and deed together with the congregation
b. Engage with neighbors and visitors who desire to be involved in ZMC and the church’s outreach programs
c. Promote, model and facilitate resourcing for evangelism, disciple-making, hospitality, compassion ministries, peacebuilding and creation care; both in our local Daphna community and the broader Broadway-Harrisonburg Area
d. Support and connect the congregation with Virginia Mennonite Missions, Mennonite Mission Network, and other Anabaptist mission and service agencies
e. Provide counsel and support for members discerning a call to mission and service assignments
f. Provide primary staff support for the Outreach and Service Commission
5. Leadership and Administration. Provide overall leadership for the congregation and serve as a resource for the work of leadership teams and commissions. In this area of pastoral leadership, the lead pastor will:
a. Serve as the primary contact person for the community, Virginia Mennonite Conference and Mennonite Church USA
b. Represent the congregation at Northern District meetings, Virginia Mennonite Conference events, and Mennonite Church USA functions
c. Serve on the Congregational Leadership Team. Cooperate with the Congregational Leadership Team chair as needed on meeting agenda items;
d. Facilitate overall congregational vision and spiritual life with the Elders
e. Collaborate with the Elders to oversee welcoming new members, orientation and transfer of membership and affiliated services
f. Coordinate oversight of the congregational commissions (Worship, Care, Faith Formation, Outreach and Service, Stewardship, and Elders) with the pastor team, CLT, and commission chairs
g. Direct and provide oversight for any pastoral staff, administrative staff or seminary interns who serve in the congregation
6. Personal Growth. Continue the journey of maturing as a follower of Jesus. In this area of pastoral leadership, the lead pastor will:
a. Pursue personal spiritual formation through prayer, study, asking for guidance from other believers, and seeking a pastoral coach, mentor, and/or spiritual director
b. Engage in personal activities that promote physical, mental and spiritual wellness
c. Nurture and maintain healthy relationships with family or household members, friends, neighbors, and church community while tending to congregational commitments
d. Seek opportunities to grow in leadership and pastoral skills
For inquiries, please contact the ZMC church office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIRECTOR OF MUSIC MINISTRY AT THE RIVER ANGLICAN
Church Description: The River is a church of approximately 225 children, youth and adults who
meet in two weekly gatherings — Sunday morning and evening. Approximately half of our
constituents are under 40 years old. The worship is a blend of contemporary and traditional music,
primarily led on acoustic guitar with vocalists and instrumentalists (generally bass, drums and
electric guitar). Our morning service is more traditional (with liturgy) and our evening service,
more informal and contemporary.
Position Description: We are looking for someone to serve as pianist and administrator —
averaging 25 hours per week — who will oversee our entire worship ministry (services, musicians,
logistics, etc), and lead us beyond where we are. Certain times of the year would be less hours
(20/wk) and others would be more (30/wk). This position has great flexibility (Sundays away,
missing a morning or evening service, etc) — we have others who can lead on guitar.
This individual will oversee the music ministry, including its administration and background
work: attending regular meetings with church staff, recruiting and scheduling musicians, running
rehearsals, overseeing special services, etc. We have two other part-time administrators who would
be available to help; we work collaboratively as a staff.
We are seeking an accomplished pianist who can read music and also play by ear with the goal of
expanding our diversity of musical genres (classical, hymns, blues/gospel, latino, etc) as well as
integrating multicultural/global dimensions in our service — utilizing many of the gifted
musicians in our congregation. There are possibilities for a seasonal adult/children’s choir in our
future as well.
– Vision: work with staff to expand the congregation’s understanding and scope for
congregational, musical worship — young and old.
– Team development and delegation: we are not looking for a “one person show” but one who
raises up other leaders and enjoys working with and building teams.
– Administration: work with over 15 musicians and potentially, more. Managing Planning Center
Software, schedules — creating processes and structures are a must.
-Musicianship: accomplished piano skills, music reading, and playing by ear. Adequate
understanding of music theory and the ability to teach others using “layman’s terms.”
-Leadership: strong ability to lead people in congregational singing, exemplified by confidence in
leader’s own singing, consistent awareness, sensitivity to the congregation and flow of the service,
and clear communication.
Areas of Responsibility:
Attend staff meetings (at least 2x/mo) and other leadership functions.
– Attend staff meeting (typically on Tuesdays 12pm-2pm)
– Attend leadership retreats (1x-2x per year).
– Lead Worship Planning Team meetings (bi-weekly).
Foster growth among team members.
– Recruit new volunteers.
– Develop musicians in their understanding of music and worship.
– Train volunteers on the use of Planning Center.
– Schedule relational/fun quarterly gatherings for the entire team.
Create systems for recruiting, volunteers, song selection, etc.
– Itemize and prioritize ministry needs
– Refine song selection system
– Generate a recruitment system
– Maintain worship team member database
– Generate a rehearsal template
Plan for future and develop personally (space would be provided to not just do the work, but
develop the ministry and grow personally).
– Work with staff to plan for the future, aligning with the church’s overall vision/plans.
– Reach out to others in the field for productive collaboration.
– Attend (and invite others to) conferences, learn from books, articles, podcasts, join FB groups,
etc for future learning and development.
Other Expectations: It is imperative this individual align with our staff policy and theological
Pay: Hourly; based upon experience and education.
Contact: Email Chris Meckley (Chris@TheRiverNRV.org) with cover letter & resume.
MISSION POSITIONS WITH TMS GLOBAL
TMS Global, a missions-sending organization based in Atlanta (check out www.tms-global.org), is looking to fill positions in these areas around the world (there are other opportunities as well).
If you are sensing a call to long-term missions, contact Jennie Clements Wheaton at: email@example.com
AIR FORCE CHAPLAINCY PROGRAM OPPORTUNITY
Do today’s challenges leave you re-evaluating your ministry options? If you find yourself needing more financial support you can obtain it while expanding your personal ministry at the same time! We would like to invite you to consider the Air Force as an option for ministry expansion part-time as a reserve or a full-time active duty chaplain. Both paths earn you outstanding healthcare options, added income, and an opportunity to serve your country. Basic requirements for both the reserve and active duty paths are a 72 hour graduate degree, ecclesiastical endorsement, and passing a health review. Contact our office where an Air Force Chaplain Corps recruiter is waiting to engage you about the Air Force ministry. Email us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
PASTORAL SEARCH – UNION CHURCH OF MONTERREY, MEXICO
The Union Church of Monterrey is currently looking for a full-time, bilingual pastor (English and Spanish) to serve our evangelical, inter-denominational, international and self-supporting church located in Monterrey, Mexico.
The pastor we seek should have a deep commitment to Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord and a clear call to pastoral ministry. This opportunity is for a person who preferable has some experience as a pastor and senses a call to serving in a ministry to a global community. The pastor should be a person committed to sharing the importance of a personal relationship to Jesus Christ, who believes the Bible to be the inspired Word of God and a person of mature character, courage, and compassion.
We welcome people to our worship services from diverse denominations and Christian traditions across the globe. Our congregation includes diplomats, business leaders, international and national schoolteachers, professionals in a wide range of occupations, international students and professional Mexican nationals. The Union Church of Monterrey provides opportunities for international expatriates and local believers to worship together and grow in Christian commitment and discipleship in a Gospel-centered congregation of worship, teaching, fellowship and service.
If you are interested in being a candidate for this position, we would appreciate your sending us your resume, and if possible, a video of a message you might have recently given to a congregation, to the following emails:
KY UMC CHILDREN’S HOME
The Kentucky United Methodist Children’s Homes (KyUMH) cares for teens and young adults who have been severely abused and neglected. Anyone is welcome to apply to volunteer! Opportunities include mentoring, playing games or doing activities with the youth, helping with chapel, prayer ministry, offering reception coverage and office help, and participating in mailings. KyUMH is also an approved cross-cultural Mentored Ministry site.
COUNSELORS AND CARE MANAGERS – THE HAMILTON CENTER, INC.
Hamilton Center, Inc. is a regional behavioral health system serving central and west central Indiana. The organization is “building hope and changing lives” through a broad array of behavioral health services for adults, children, adolescents, and families. Services are individualized, trauma informed, and evidence-based. Needs and strengths are assessed and utilized to develop a person-centered treatment plan.
The Hamilton Center is looking for care managers, addiction counselors, teachers, and so much more!
Please check out the website (under the “careers” tab) for the complete list of positions available here.
For students and alumni on campus, there is a bulletin board in Stanger Hall across from the counseling office where vacancies are posted as well.
ABOUT THIS JOB
Transformations has been providing emotional, social, mental, and behavioral support to children and their families since 1998. We are a group of mental health professionals that specialize in providing intensive home, school, office, and community based services to children, adults, couples and families. We accept Medicaid (direct Medicaid and all Managed Care companies: Anthem, Humana CareSource, Passport, Wellcare) and most commercial insurance plans.
LOCATION: Lexington or surrounding counties depending on providers desire.
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Independent Contractor
PAY RATE: Up to $60.00 Per hour
COMPANY SIZE: 1 – 10 employees
OFFICE: 1450 North Broadway, Lexington, Kentucky 40505, United States
Take a look at the available Counseling Field positions here: Counseling Field Vacancies