Dr. Marcus Kilian
Associate Professor of Counselor Education
- Integration of Spiritual Formation with Christian Counseling
- Attachment Theory
- Sexual Compulsivity/ Addiction (including Paraphilic Disorders)
- Couples Counseling & Enrichment
- Christian Leadership Formation and Development
- M.Th., (Theological Ethics/ Christian Leadership), University of South Africa, 2016
- Psy.D., (Clinical Psychology), Regent University, 2004
- Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies (Organizational Leadership), Regent University, 2002
- M.A. (Clinical Psychology), Regent University, 2001
- M.Div., Pentecostal Theological Seminary (Pastoral Counseling/ Christian Formation), 1997
- B.A. (equivalent) (Business), Fachhochschule Ludwigshafen (Germany), 1995
Dr. Marcus Kilian is an Associate Professor of Counselor Education at Asbury Theological Seminary. As a licensed psychologist, Dr. Kilian has taught graduate level professional counseling courses since 2008. He is a member of the Kentucky Counseling Association (KCA) and the American Counseling Association (ACA). His professional background includes working at outpatient mental health clinics, state prisons, and outpatient sex offender facilities. Since 2009, Dr. Kilian has co-owned a private practice where he specializes in the treatment of trauma, sexual addiction, and marital distress.
Over the years, Dr. Kilian published peer-reviewed journal articles on Christian counseling, marital enrichment, psychology of religion, and more recently on leadership formation/ development. He recently published a book on Christian leadership formation for toxic leaders entitled Formational Leadership: Developing Spiritual and Emotional Maturity in Toxic Leaders (Wipf & Stock, 2018). Dr. Kilian has been happily married for over 20 years and has two teenage children.