Dr. Paul A. Tippey
Director of Library Services
- Library Services
- Academic Technology
- Instructional Design
- Research Design
- Organizational Leadership
- Institutional Assessment & Accreditation
- B.A., Greenville College, 1999
- M.A.T.S., Asbury Theological Seminary, 2004
- M.S.M.L.I.S., University of Illinois, 2007
- Ph.D. Regent University, 2014
Dr. Paul A. Tippey is Executive Director of Library Services and Special Assistant to the Provost for Institutional Effectiveness and Accreditation at Asbury Theological Seminary.
In 2012, Dr. Tippey was recognized for academic excellence, spiritual maturity, outstanding leadership and Christian service from Regent University.
Dr. Tippey currently serves on the American Theological Library Association Conference Planning Committee and participates in Association of Theological Schools site visits. He is a past president of the American Theological Library Association Methodist Denominational Group, served on the Steering Committee for the Federation of Kentucky Academic Libraries, a recent member of the Teaching and Learning Steering Committee of the American Theological Library Association and a member of Technology in Theological Education Group Steering Committee of the Association of Theological Schools.
Dr. Tippey serves as a member of the Academic Council, Technology Advisory Counsel, Curriculum Committee, Admissions Committee, Executive Committee: Wesleyan Studies Summer Seminar (WSSS), Center for the Study of World Christian Revitalization Movements, and the Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment at Asbury Theological Seminary. He is Chairperson of the Institutional Review Board.
Dr, Tippey is a member of the following professional organizations: The American Academy of Religion, ALA (American Library Association), ATLA (American Theological Library Association), ACL (Association of Christian Libraries), FOKAL (Federation of Kentucky Academic Libraries), The Greenleaf Center for Servant-Leadership, Regent Leadership Society, TTEG Committee (Technology in Theological Education Group), The Marston Memorial Historical Society (Free Methodist), the SWCA (Southeastern Writing Center Association) and The Wesleyan Theological Society. He has published articles exploring topics ranging from librarianship to leadership, including recent publications:
- Bartholomew, J., Tippey P., and Veldheer, K. (June 2013). Supporting Online Education: Provision & Assessment of Resources and Services. American Theological Library Association, Summary Of Proceedings, 66.
- Krieger, A. G., Limpitlaw, A., Morrison, G., & Tippey, P. A. (2011). Twenty-first century reference collections: issues and strategies. American Theological Library Association Summary Of Proceedings, 65 316-321.
- Endicott, J., & Tippey P. A. (2010). Library Research: Technology Techniques that are Supplementing Face-to Face Research Support. American Theological Library Association Summary Of Proceedings, 64 283-284.