The Office of Faith, Work, and Economics seeks to equip future pastors and Christian leaders to integrate their faith into the marketplace. We hope to accomplish this by educating pastors and leaders in four areas: business ethics, biblical views of poverty and wealth, social entrepreneurship, and theology of work and vocation.
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Be enrolled as a student on the Kentucky, Florida, or Memphis Extension Site.
- Have completed their first semester of study as a Master’s or Doctoral Candidate.
- Attend two events, one of the campus events below closest to you and Acton University:
- THE ASBURY PROJECT November 9-10 in KY
- ORLANDO FAITH + WORK SUMMIT March 2018 in Florida, and
- ACTON UNIVERSITY in Grand Rapids, MI, June 19-22, 2018
Selected students will:
- Be placed with local business professionals where they will observe and be mentored 4 hours weekly during the Spring 2018 semester.
- “Learn from the best” how to integrate their Christian faith in the marketplace.
- Gather monthly for 1 hour to reflect on their learning.
- Receive a $2500 taxable stipend that will be distributed in monthly installments throughout the 2018 Spring Semester.
Instructions for Application
First, identify an ATS faculty member who is willing to recommend you for this internship. Ask your faculty recommender to complete the electronic recommendation form (the link for the faculty recommendation form is included in the application).
Secondly, complete all fields with as much information as possible. Include answers to both the essay and short application questions.
Thirdly, send a cover letter and resumé to email@example.com by 11:55 P.M. on Wednesday, October 11th, 2017 EST.