The Office of Faith, Work, and Economics seeks to equip future pastors and Christian leaders to integrate their faith in the marketplace. We hope to accomplish this by educating pastors and leaders in four areas: theology of work and vocation, biblical views of poverty and wealth, social entrepreneurship, and business ethics.
Interns will be placed with local business professionals where they will observe, participate and be mentored throughout semester. Through this experience, paired with two conferences and a monthly cohort meeting, interns will learn to integrate their Christian faith in the marketplace.
Interns will receive a $2,500 taxable stipend that will be distributed in monthly installments throughout the 2019 Spring Semester.
1. Applicants must be enrolled as a student on the Kentucky, Florida, or Memphis Extension Site
2. Applicants must have completed their first semester of study as a masters or doctoral candidate.
- Attend one of the campus events below:
- The Asbury Marketplace Summit, Kentucky Campus, November 8-9, 2018
- Orlando Faith + Work Summit, Florida Campus, 2019
- Attend Acton University, June 18-21, 2019, in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Spend 4 hours per week with a local business to observe, participate, and be mentored
- Attend a monthly, 1 hour cohort meeting to reflect on the experience
**Applicants are not required to identify an internship site before applying. The OFWE will help place selected interns. However, interns are welcome to contribute site suggests.**
Before you Apply:
Identify an ATS faculty member who is willing to recommend you for this internship. When completing your application, you will find the link for the faculty recommendation form. Send this link to your faculty recommender.
Spring 2019 applications are open! Deadline to apply is October 5, 2018.