COVID-19 Guidelines for Daily Eucharist
We look forward to you worshiping with us in Daily Eucharist this semester. Before attending, please read the following guidelines.
- If you feel sick or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 symptoms within the last two weeks, we invite you to return to Daily Eucharist after you have quarantined yourself for an appropriate amount of time.
- All those in attendance must wear a mask from the time they enter the worship space until they return outside. Those who are speaking in the worship service will take off their mask when they are speaking. When we partake in the Eucharist, you will be invited to remove your mask to partake in the elements. If you do not have a cloth mask, masks can be obtained from the seminary.
- Daily Eucharist will be held Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday at noon in Estes Chapel.
- On Tuesdays and Thursdays, those wanting to participate in Daily Eucharist will remain in their seats while other chapel attendees are exiting after the close of the 11:00 chapel service.
- When we are meeting in Estes, we ask that you would enter through the exterior doors near North Lexington Avenue/Charles Wesley Statue. The interior side doors to Estes will be for exit only and will only be accessible to those needing wheelchair access for entrance. Everyone will exit through the interior side doors to Estes. Please maintain a social distance of 6 feet from other worshippers when entering and exiting.
- Congregational singing will be practiced with masks and with 6 feet distancing between congregants.
- Communion will be served in pre-packaged “Fellowship Cups” that contain both bread and juice. The cups will be handled only by those with gloves on and will be distributed to worshippers on a tray by ushers. Worshippers will not come forward to the front for Communion, but will receive the elements in their seats.
- We ask that you not hug, handshake, or make any physical contact with those who are not your roommates or family members. We also ask that you maintain 6 feet social distance from others before, during, and after the service.
- Due to maintaining a social distance of 6 feet apart in seating, capacity will be limited. Family members and roommates who have been living together during social distancing will be allowed to sit together.
- To prevent close contact with others, once you have entered, please find a seat and stay in the seat until the end of the worship service. Unless in an emergency, we ask that you stay in your seat until the end of the service.
- Before coming to campus, please check your temperature. If you have a temperature of 100.0 or above, or have any other symptoms of illness, we invite you to join us at a later date, after an appropriate quarantine period.