How to Start a DNA Group
How to Start Your DNA Small Group Experience
Frequently Asked Questions
DNA Group Meeting Format
Group prayer adapted from Ephesians 5:14 and 3:14-19.
1. How is it with your soul?
2. What are your struggles and successes?
3. How might the Spirit and Scriptures be speaking in your life?
WHEN YOU ARE READY TO GO DEEPER…
4. Do you have any sin that you want to confess?
5. Are there any secrets or hidden things you would like to share?
Group prayer adapted from Ephesians 3:20-21
the seven commitments
- Respect the clock: Do your best to share within 15–20 minutes.
- Challenge by choice: You have permission to skip a question at any time.
- No cross-talk: Don’t give advice or interrupt.
- One Counselor (come Holy Spirit): Listen and pay attention to how the Holy Spirit might prompt you to pray.
- Comfort with empathy: Hold space for others with open hearts. Rather than offering pity or sympathy, show up and tune in— bless, encourage, and build up.
- Community of grace: When someone confesses sin, pardon by saying, “In the name of Jesus Christ you are forgiven.” If someone shares a secret, thank them for their courage and never judge.
- Strictly confidential: Never share another person’s comments outside of the group.
Thanks to Seedbed for allowing us to use these discipleship resources for the spiritual formation of students at Asbury Seminary.