Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)
- Application Form
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Accredited Master of Divinity degree or its educational equivalent. The educational equivalent is 75 hours of master’s-level work with 30 hours in Bible, Theology and/or Church History (all courses from Asbury’s M.Div. Core Theological and Biblical Foundations qualify), including at least one completed master’s degree. (3.00 / 4.00 GPA*)
- 3 years full-time ministry experience subsequent to master’s degree
- Complete the Personal History Essay and Resume Form
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions attended sent to Admissions directly from the institutions
- Letter of congregational or institutional approval
- References from:
- A leading lay person in your present church
- Your immediate supervisor in ministerial appointment (e.g., your District Superintendent)
- Two colleagues
- A research paper written during your Master of Divinity degree (or educational equivalent). Paper guidelines.
- For applicants whose primary language is not English, a TOEFL score of 550 (79 internet-based) or an IELTS score of 7. TOEFL Waivers are available on a limited basis to students who have received a degree from the U.S. or Canada. Ideally, your TOEFL should be less than 5 years old. You may download a TOEFL waiver form here. The request will be considered, but not guaranteed.
- Note: Web Access: Registration, course schedules, syllabi and much of the program’s communication is online: asbury.to/dmin
- After your application has been received, members of the D.Min. Admissions team will carefully and prayerfully examine your documents and contact you at appropriate points along the journey.
- File completion deadline for summer cohorts: March 15. File completion deadline for January cohorts: September 15. Applications must be submitted online.
- Application deadline for the Preaching and Leading Beeson Scholarship (full-scholarship, summer only) consideration: January 2. All application requirements must be submitted by this date.
- You will receive notice of your admittance to the D.Min. program with complete instructions for how to proceed.