Creating space for Christian leaders in ministry and business to experience holistic renewal and spiritual direction
The Retreat Experience
Renewal Retreats are individual, personalized retreats tailored around your chosen intention (need/longing) for getting away.
For each retreat we thoughtfully draw from the formation-rich environment of the Asbury Seminary community and craft personalized days to move you slowly through formative experiences aimed toward your intention for the retreat.
Most retreats begin with a professional massage as well as a conversation with a personal trainer to discuss health and choose a gentle way to engaged the body during the retreat.
The other elements of your retreat are chosen to fit your request. These might include a conversation with faculty around Scripture, discerning prayer times, though leadership advice, sharing in the Eucharist and participating in chapel, fasting in solitude or delving into study.
Retreat in a Formation-Rich Environment
- Quiet hotel rooms available at Asubury Inn on Wilmore campus
- Work-out room, Olympic-sized swimming pool and rural environment
- Library available for study daily except Sunday
- Chapel and daily Eucharist Monday to Friday
- Conversations with experienced leaders and gifted faculty
- Healing prayer sessions discernment circles, listening prayer
- Spiritual direction to open and close retreat days
- Silence and solitude
- Your retreat room and retreat time are covered in prayer before and while you are at Asbury