Creating space for alumni and Christian leaders in ministry to experience holistic renewal and spiritual refreshment
The Retreat Experience
Christian leaders involved in full-time ministry, whether inside or outside of the church, often need space for self-care and renewal. We invite ministry leaders into a grace-filled experience that is personalized for your particular needs.
Renewal Retreats are individual, personalized retreats tailored around your chosen intention for getting away. For each retreat we thoughtfully draw from the formation-rich environment of the Asbury Seminary community and craft personalized days to move you through formative experiences aimed toward your intention for the retreat. Retreatants will stay at the quiet hotel, Asbury Inn & Suites, on the Seminary campus and will be able to request any of the following:
- Professional massage
- Conversation with a personal trainer to discuss health and body
- Professional counseling session
- Pastoral Care/Prayer session
- Conversation with faculty around Scripture, prayer, leadership advice, etc.
Retreatants may also participate in the campus life while on campus:
- Participate in chapel and Daily Eucharist on campus, or daily prayer at a nearby prayer chapel
- Exercise in the campus work-out room, Olympic-sized swimming pool, and rural environment with nearby hiking trails
- Study in the library, available daily except Sunday
- Visit classes, as available
- Partake in silence, solitude, and individual prayer walks
How it works
Retreats typically run 3-5 days. The cost includes the stay at Asbury Inn & Suites and requested appointments. Currently, the rate as a retreatant is $75 a night at the Inn. Appointments range from $0-$100 depending on the nature of the appointment. Scholarships are available and, once requested, will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Retreatants are responsible for their own transportation costs and meals (breakfast is included with the hotel stay).
If interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the process of setting up a retreat. You will be asked to complete a questionnaire to help design a meaningful and personalized retreat. The retreat coordinator will stay in communication with you throughout the planning of the retreat.