Commitments to the Student
Asbury Seminary takes the position that God calls into ministry men and women renewed by faith in Christ and set apart for Christian service. God empowers them in their work and guides them into the pastorate, missions, evangelism, teaching, chaplaincy, Christian education, music, staff ministries, social work, counseling, campus ministries, youth ministries, administration and many forms of Christian leadership. The major objective of Asbury Seminary is to help facilitate the preparation of men and women called by God to serve in all forms of Christian ministry.
The Seminary includes several important dimensions in its curriculum, program and ministry to students:
- A commitment to provide a spiritual education
- A commitment to provide balanced preparation for ministry
- A dedication to professional preparation for Christian service
- An emphasis on ecumenical theological education
- A commitment to personal theological education