June 5-June 29, 2023
Asbury Seminary and Asbury University will hold the eighth Wesleyan Studies Summer Seminar for North American and international researchers. This seminar develops and supports academic research, writing and publication in the field of Wesleyan studies.
The Wesleyan Studies Summer Seminar is designed to include up to 10 scholars who are working on articles, dissertations and book length manuscripts in the field of Wesleyan studies.
The seminar allows researchers to use the scholarly resources of Asbury Seminary and Asbury University while dialoguing and studying in a vibrant community.
Benefits of Wesleyan Studies Seminar
- Researchers become part of a community dedicated to their interests
- No tuition fees
- Access to the B. L. Fisher and Kinlaw Libraries, as well as to the special collection holdings in Wesleyan and Methodist studies
- Free lodging and daily breakfast
- Scholarships available for the airfare of international researchers
- Complimentary evening meal on the days that the Seminar meets
- Full vitae
- Research description and plan for publication
- Research project that addresses an aspect of the Wesleyan tradition and makes a generous contribution to the scholarly community
- Priority is given to applicants who can attend the entire Seminar.
- Applications must be received by January 16, 2023. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance by March 15, 2023.