Globally Engaged. Spiritually Formative. 21st Century Minded.
Asbury Theological Seminary’s 15-credit hour certificate in Missional Discipleship, Leadership, and Church Multiplication is designed to come alongside those thinking about or already engaged in church planting and discipleship making. Fully online and readily accessible allows you the opportunity to study at-home while you stay on mission.
What to Expect from the Certificate
As you complete your certificate, you will
- Learn to practice personal and social holiness as you couple theory with experiential learning, intercultural understanding and contextualization.
- Gain a fresh, deep and contemporary understanding of Scripture rooted in the Wesleyan tradition.
- Conceptualize and implement leadership strategies for diverse socio-cultural situations and settings.
- Develop and apply leadership skills within your ministry context.
|January 15||May 15||September 7|
- Application Form
- Personal History Essay
- Official Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions where more than one semester of coursework was taken
- 4 references; 1 pastoral
- $50 Nonrefundable Application Fee
- Background Check (run by the Admissions Office)
- A personal interview may be required upon request by the Admissions Committee
Personal History Essay:
- Share your life story, including at what point you began your relationship with Jesus Christ. Talk about your growth since that time and what brings you to apply to Seminary at this season in your life. Include your thoughts on how you would like to see your faith grow during your time in Seminary.
- What draws you to your desired major/area of study? What is your intended outcome upon degree completion? Why is that career or ministry choice meaningful to you?
- Discuss a local, national, and/or international issue and why you are passionate about it.
With the gifting from generous donors, students entering into the church planting certificate for the fall 2023 semester may receive a 75% tuition scholarship (check with Financial Aid for availability). Financial aid applications are required for scholarship awards and can be found here.
Learn more about what other graduates of Asbury Seminary are doing.
Stephanie M. RaglinDirector of Programs at the Hope Center.
Pastor, Embry Chapel AME Church in Elizabethtown, Ky.
Christopher GossDirector of Worship Arts, Youth & Young Adults Ministries, Mosaic UMC, Georgia.
Deb AdamsFounder, Gracie's Place.
Aaron ReynoldsLeadership Development Program, Chick-fil-A.
Michael HammondPresident and Chief Servant, Faith Covenant Ministries, Missouri.
Rob MehnerDirector of Pastoral Care and Training Education, New Life Children's Home, Guatemala.
Dr. Randy JessenExecutive Director, Global Hope.
Connor ReavyStudent and Marathon Runner.
George WassonLead Pastor, Faith Point Church, Floyds Knobs, Ind.
Kaylea Hutson MillerAward-winning journalist and Managing Editor at The Grove Sun and the Delaware County Journal, Okla.
|CERT COURSE REQUIREMENTS||Hrs Req|
|Certificate in Missional Discipleship, Leadership, and Church Multiplication||15|
|MS501 Missional Formation||3|
|MS638 Missional Discipleship||3|
|MS644 Worldwide Evangelistic Mission of God||3|
|MS634 21 Century Church Planting||3|
|MS 717 Leading Change||3|