Asbury Seminary encourages students, faculty and staff to participate in lifestyles that care for and responsibly steward God’s creation. The Community Garden is a fast-growing component of Asbury Seminary’s creation care plan. Students and their families, staff, faculty, and Wilmore community members learn about sustainable agriculture as they plant, maintain and harvest organic produce.
We exist for the community and encourage you to find a way you can be involved in creation care. We especially welcome ideas and projects that grow the sustainability of our community garden, such as water catchment, erosion mitigation, composting and recycling.
You can help to build our creation care community by:
- Talking to your friends and neighbors about being a part of the community garden.
- Dreaming together about where our creation care initiatives should go from here.
- Sharing your ideas for community involvement and fellowship around the garden.
- Encouraging your children to grow with us in the garden.
- Thinking about the vegetables you and your family and friends enjoy eating and teaming together to grow some of those with us.
Please email Emmanuel Jatau at email@example.com with any questions, suggestions or to join the community garden.