What to expect from the degree
As you complete your degree, you’ll be able to
- Locate your specific vocation within the larger context of Christian heritage and calling, grounded in theological studies.
- Understand and integrate relevant resources with contextual and cultural dynamics related to human and church needs, methods, practices and models of response.
- Effectively contribute to your faith community with specific competencies related to Christian ministry.
- Practice critical and constructive values within a dynamic learning community.
- Cultivate holy love of God and neighbor through both knowledge and practice in the Christian disciplines of service and grace.
*Refer to the Academic Catalog for the exact wording of Program Learning Outcomes.
Save time and money with our advanced standing program. Here’s how it works.
If you received a religion major or minor from an accredited college or university, you can receive a maximum of 12 credits toward a Master of Arts degree.
*Transcripts evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Application (online at asbury.to/apply)
- $50 non-refundable Application Fee
- Accredited baccalaureate degree
- The MACM program requires a cumulative GPA of 2.75/4.0
- Official transcripts from all schools where classes were taken for more than one semester
- Personal history essay (1050-1500 words) 350-500 words per question.
- Share your testimony starting with how you met Jesus Christ. Talk about your growth since that time and what brings you to apply to seminary at this season in your life. Include your thoughts on how you would like to see your faith grow during your time in seminary.
- What draws you to your desired major/area of study? What is your intended outcome upon degree completion? Why is that career or ministry choice meaningful to you?
- Discuss a local, national, and/or international issue and why you are passionate about it.
- Optional: If your GPA is not a good indication of your academic ability, please explain.
- Four required references (references cannot be related to applicant)
- Four references completed on the Admissions Office form at asburyseminary.edu, including a pastoral reference (required) and a professor or academic administrator reference (recommended). Laity or personal acquaintances are accepted.
- For applicants whose primary language is not English, a TOEFL score of 550 (79 internet-based) or an IELTS score of 7.
- Background Check
- A personal interview may be required upon request by the Admissions Committee
Asbury Seminary awards more than 400 scholarships annually because we want you to graduate with minimal debt. We offer too many scholarships to list conclusively. For more information, email email@example.com.
To apply for financial aid:
- Complete your online application.
- Fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Once you’re admitted to the Seminary, you will receive an Asbury Seminary Financial Aid form.
- After completing this, the Financial Aid office will contact you with any scholarship offers.
Cost of Attendance: 2021-2022
|Master of Arts
|Academic Year 2021-2022
||All Campuses Fall/Spring
||All Campuses Summer
||$195 per semester
||$95 per semester
||$200 one-time fee
||$200 one-time fee
|Student Services Fee
||$140 per semester
||$70 per semester
Institutional scholarships are available through Asbury Theological Seminary. Scholarships are highly competitive and priority consideration is given to those who have completed their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), the Asbury Financial Aid Application, and who have been admitted by the Admissions Office by March 1.
Recipients of scholarships must represent strong promise for Christian ministry and demonstrate a financial need.
Some of the scholarships include:
- Mary Whetstone and Walter J. Knabe Scholarship – average award $10,700
- Windgate Scholarship – average award $10,000
- J.C. McPheeters Scholarship – average award $7,000
- Timothy C. Tennent Church Planting and Cross-Cultural Missionary Service Scholarship – average award $4,500
- Leo H. Naughton Scholarship – average award $3,200
- Asbury Deans Scholarship – average award $1,500