Complimentary Asbury Alumni Dinner at the General Conference of the Free Methodist Church 2019
We’re thrilled that you’ll be joining us in Orlando to learn, share,
worship and celebrate all that the Lord is doing – and wants to do – through the Free Methodist Church!
This newsletter contains information on:
- Reservations for banquets & receptions
- Nominees for bishop (to be elected on Wednesday at GC19)
- Downloading the app to communicate with fellow attendees and get instant info at GC19
- Basic info on transportation, food and amenities at the Caribe
You can sign up NOW for banquets, receptions, and meetings that will be occurring around the basic schedule
of GC19. For instance, Free Methodist World Missions is sponsoring a welcome banquet Monday evening. Most of our colleges and universities are sponsoring receptions for alums and families. And there are other gatherings of groups. CLICK HERE to register for these events.
We’ll be electing a new Board of Bishops at GC19.
At its meeting, last week, our Board of Administration received the report of the Bishops Search Committee. After a 13-month search process, the committee brings the following five names: Linda Adams, Pam Braman, Brad Button, Keith Cowart and Matt Whitehead. Wednesday morning, July 17, General Conference delegates will elect three of these five to a four-year term as bishops of the Free Methodist Church. Please pray for the guidance of the Holy Spirit in this important decision!
There’s already a lot going on at the Whova App.
At GC19 you can manage your schedule and keep track of events you want to attend with the Whova App. You can also communicate with others attending the conference, create your own communities for forum discussions and connect with friends through the attendees’ list on the app. There are already discussions going on. To download the app and get in on the conversation, go to either the Android or Apple app stores and use the invitation code FMCGC when prompted.
Reminders of basic info you’ll need to know at GC19:
- A free shuttle will operate from Orlando International Airport
- (MCO) to the Caribe on Sunday & Monday, July 14 – 15. Vans will run continuously (about every 15-minutes) from 11 am ’til 10 pm. Before and after those hours, vans are available on a less-frequent basis. On Saturday, July 20, 56-passenger buses will leave from the Caribe to MCO airport every half-hour from 4 am through 1 pm, and vans will leave every half-hour from 1 ’til 5 pm.
- There are lots of food options, with three restaurants and a coffee shop at the Caribe. Additionally, in our exhibit hall, there’s a food court selling sandwiches, salads, rice bowls, etc., from 11:30 am ’til 1:00 pm daily. Free coffee is available in the exhibit hall during both the morning and afternoon breaks. All guest rooms include a refrigerator and microwave.
- There’s free Wi-Fi in your room and throughout the Caribe’s convention center.
- Parking is free for all attendees! Upon check-in, you’ll be given a parking pass to open the gates. If you’re not staying at the Caribe but you’re registered for GC19, see the registration area in the convention center for a free parking pass.
- Staying in shape is (relatively) easy at GC19!
- Every morning from 6:30-7:30, the team from FMF Financial Services will be leading a fun (and free) exercise program for any who want to start their day energized. The fitness center at the Caribe and the tennis courts are also available and free. And, of course, there’s always that super pool.
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me at Larry.Roberts@fmcusa.org. I’m hearing from LOTS of you as we get closer to the big event. We’re here to help! And please join me in praying for the Holy Spirit to bring revival to and through His church beginning at GC19!