Job and Ministry Opportunities – January 2023
We seek to inform all our alumni of all opportunities available to them. The doctrine and theology represented in the job descriptions below may not reflect the theological stance of Asbury Theological Seminary. They have been provided by individual churches, ministries, and employers, and will reflect those organizations’ values.
Please email any job opportunities you know of to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not add them as comments to this article, as they are unlikely to be seen.
**For a wider range of current listings, please visit our jobs board on Connect.**
DIRECTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRIES AT GRAY UMC (GRAY, GA)
STATUS: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
HOURS: 40 Hours per week
SALARY RANGE: $40-$60K depending on experience and education, with room for advancement
General Purpose of Position:
To build young disciples for Christ who continue in genuine faith once they become adults.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
Supervised by the Senior Pastor in cooperation with the Staff Parish Relations committee.
The Primary Task:
To develop and implement a comprehensive approach to youth ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model. This includes:
-love youth where they are
-encourage youth in developing their relationship to God
-provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth
-challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world
- Be an advocate for youth and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of youth in the local church and community.
- Plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
- Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills.
- Be aware of resources for developing the youth ministry programming and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
- Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries.
- Coordinate Sunday school curriculum for youth (grades 6-12) and recruit teachers.
- Coordinate and teach Confirmation classes in partnership with the pastor and provide leadership for confirmands, mentors, and parents beyond the classroom.
- Manage the youth ministry budget.
- Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, handout, Remind app, social media, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
- Make yourself available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
- Ensure that the Safe Sanctuary Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- A deep relationship with Jesus Christ rooted in prayer and the scriptures.
- Must embrace Christian discipline and orthodox, Wesleyan doctrine and theology.
- Preferred: a bachelor’s degree.
- Preferred: 2+ years of ministry experience.
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must posses a proven ability to work effectively with youth and teams of volunteers.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or apply via Indeed.
NEXTGEN PASTOR AND MINISTRY PARTNER AT DIAMONDHEAD UMC (DIAMONDHEAD, MS)
Come be a part of something exciting and meaningful! Our wonderful church along the Mississippi Gulf Coast is looking for someone to help lead our laity in the ministry areas of children, youth, fellowship events, and hospitality. These fields that aren’t already ripe for the harvest have fertile ground. Think of our faith community as a church plant within a terrific community, and think of this as your opportunity to work hand-in-hand with the lead pastor to see God’s kingdom built brick-by-brick. You’ll work as a ministry partner with the pastor in attending to the daily activities of the church, which will give you the opportunity to find daily fulfillment in your calling.
For more information, please email Allen Regan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEAD PASTOR AT TRINITY PARK CHURCH (GREENFIELD, IN)
Are you satisfied with the impact you’ve had for the Kingdom of God? Do you want to do more? Are you willing to lead a congregation hungry for the word of God…if so, continue reading. Trinity Park Church is looking for a vibrant, new full-time Lead Pastor with a vision of growth for our non-denominational church. Our ideal candidate will have experience preaching engaging, relevant, and convicting sermons that will inspire the congregation to spread God’s love and execute the mission of the church to make, mature, and mobilize disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
We are looking for a leader with a heart for Jesus and a rigorous commitment to God’s Word and spiritual disciplines. We expect our lead pastor to have a positive attitude and passion to reach people where they are in their spiritual walk and lead them forward. A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required. A higher-level seminary degree, experience as a lead or associate
pastor, or other theological training is a plus.
We are a friendly, mission minded, praying group of Christians who live in Hancock County, Indiana. Our town, Greenfield, Indiana, is a suburb of Indianapolis, which affords many opportunities for the cultural events of a big city, while maintaining our small town friendliness. We are Bible-based & Spirit-led evangelical Christians who believe in the power of prayer.
Our church offers two unique services each Sunday. Our early service is traditional and includes our Chancel Choir. Our later service is contemporary and includes worshipping with a praise band. Our in-house attendance is 120+ each Sunday. We also livestream both services with an average viewership of 75-100.
Trinity Park Church is praying for our next Lead Pastor as we seek God’s will in our path forward.
Please submit resume or inquiries to: Jeanne Fletcher at email@example.com
VARIOUS OPPORTUNITIES AT SAYRE CHRISTIAN VILLAGE
Sayre Christian Village is growing and we are searching for bright and caring talent to join our family.
We offer a Full Benefit Package, Flexible schedules (Full Time and Part Time), Paid time off (holiday, vacation and sick pay) PayActive (work today, get paid tomorrow), Tuition reimbursement, Company paid life insurance, and 403(b) with company Match!
Open Positions are:
- MDS Coordinator
- Dietary Aide
Visit www.sayrechristianvillage.org/careers for more information!