Job and Ministry Opportunities: September 2023
We seek to inform all our alumni of all opportunities available to them. The doctrine and theology represented in the job descriptions below may not reflect the theological stance of Asbury Theological Seminary. They have been provided by individual churches, ministries, and employers, and will reflect those organizations’ values.
Please email any job opportunities you know of to email@example.com. Do not add them as comments to this article, as they are unlikely to be seen.
**For a wider range of current listings, please visit our jobs board on Connect.**
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES AT TMS GLOBAL (NORCROSS, GA)
Director of Human Resources
Effective Date: September 15, 2023
This job description is a summary of the job duties and expectations that are essential to the successful evaluation of the job. It is not intended to be complete in detail. Individuals classified for this job are expected to perform all the duties listed and, on occasion, may be required to perform other functions of higher or lower skill level not included in this job description.
Standard of behavior: Employment with TMS Global is a privilege and a ministry. All people on staff must be gifted in sharing the love of God through joyful service to those in need of our care and attention. A professional and loving commitment to promoting of TMS Global’s mission and ministries is a minimum standard of behavior.
Reporting relationship: Vice President for Finance and Administration
Position summary: This position oversees the development, communication, and implementation of employment policies as directed by the executive leadership team. This includes employee benefits for all TMS employees – staff and cross-cultural workers. The director ensures TMS Global remains compliant with state and federal employment law and best practices.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- To live a lifestyle that is above reproach and worthy of the calling of Jesus Christ. To live in accordance with the faith statement and core values of TMS Global.
- To be committed to an example of life-long learning and continuous intentional growth in the study and life application of God’s Word.
- To administer human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, leave, performance, talent management, recognition, staff morale, staff development. Provide documentation in a timely manner that may be required for cross-cultural worker visas or other local requirements.
- To monitor federal, state, and local regulations regarding employment and ensure TMS Global remains compliant. Communicate any current or future potential issues of compliance with executive leadership.
- To develop, maintain, and communicate the handbook of policies and procedures that covers all employees who are part of the TMS Global support staff. Ensure that all labor regulations and accepted human resources best-practices are reflected in the handbook.
- To work with staff in Global Engagement to ensure human resource policies and practices are reflected in the handbook for TMS Global cross-cultural witnesses.
- To serve as primary liaison with all employee insurance entities. Work with vice president for finance in establishing contracts. Oversee enrollment and respond to all employee inquiries and ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- To develop and oversee an effective process of recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding new support staff.
- To develop and oversee an effective and legal process regarding the termination of any employee of TMS Global, whether initiated by the employee or by supervisory leadership.
- To ensure the TMS Global child protection and employee harassment policies are up-to-date and communicated regularly to employees. Oversee process for initial and refreshment training for all TMS Global staff and outline expectations for any volunteers who participate in TMS Global events.
- To receive employee complaints and disputes and oversee a process of resolution, ensuring compliance with regulations and best-practices and maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- To develop effective processes of documenting hiring, job changes, salary adjustments, performance reviews, disciplinary actions. Maintain a confidential permanent record for each employee.
- To develop, in cooperation with the vice president for finance, an annual operational budget for the human resources department and manage and oversee that budget on a sound fiscal basis.
- Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The individual shall have a college degree or equivalent certification in human resources. Significant work experience in human resources or a related field is a plus. The individual should have a strong working knowledge of governmental regulations related to non-profit organizations. Personal integrity, confidentiality, and personal character are essential. Attendance at TMS Global’s mission training will be expected within the first two years of employment.
The individual must be tactful in personal contact and written correspondence related to the various needs of the staff and cross-cultural workers. The individual must enjoy working and communicating with people. The individual needs high organizational skills and the ability to implement multiple and complex processes. The individual must have a demonstrated commitment to the equality of all races, backgrounds and ethnicities and to the inclusion of diverse voices in decision making. Cross-cultural experience is a plus.
The individual is responsible for the complete and satisfactory execution of their job, with minimal direct supervision. The individual will be accountable to the vice president of finance and administration. The individual will work closely with his/her supervisor to ensure consistency and effectiveness of all administration activities and events.
Work should require light physical activity with a reasonable amount of repetitive motion. This position will require limited off-site travel, possibly including attendance at the organization’s biannual global gatherings. The position requires accessible proximity to the office in Peachtree Corners.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter along with a resume and salary requirements to Jim Ramsay, TMS Global’s Chief of Global Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIRECTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRIES AT MULDER CHURCH (WETUMPKA, AL)
Mulder Church is seeking our next full-time Director of Student Ministries to oversee the spiritual growth and development of students in grades 7-12. We are a Global Methodist Church in the fast-growing community of Redland in Wetumpka, AL. As our community is growing and changing, our church is also. We have recently added a third worship service to make room for more individuals and families. Redland has a new middle school with over 600 students in 5th -8th grade, and our local high school has a student body of over 1200. The ideal candidate must have a mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, be called by God to student ministry, love teenagers, be an excellent communicator, be a team player and team builder, be able to work with minimal supervision, have strong organization skills, and have experience working with youth and families. If interested, click the link below for an application, and email application and resumé to email@example.com or submit to the church office at 3454 Firetower Road, Wetumpka, AL 36093.
POSITION TITLE: Director of Student Ministries
PAY CATEGORY: Full-time, competitive annual salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, health insurance and retirement benefits, and paid time off.
PURPOSE: Provides spiritual growth opportunities for students in grades 7 through 12.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Senior Pastor
A four-year college degree in student ministries, Christian education, secondary education, or a closely related field. Ability to plan, organize, and manage group activities. Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License.
- Establishes and nurtures good working relationships with staff members and volunteer workers to promote a spirit of teamwork in the church.
- Establishes and maintains pastoral relationships with students and their parents.
- Researches, evaluates, purchases and implements curriculum and other resource materials that will enhance the spiritual growth of students.
- Plans and provides personal oversight for weekly student ministries such as Sunday School and evening student programs.
- Plans and provides personal oversight for special student ministries such as service projects, seasonal programs, and mission trips.
- Recruits, trains, and personally supervises volunteer workers for Student Ministries.
- Manages all financial resources used in Student Ministries including budgeting, fund raising, and record keeping for special events, trips, and programs.
- Ensures compliance with Safe Sanctuaries policies including facilitating routine training and administering background checks for volunteers.
- Represents Student Ministries in staff and Church Council meetings.
- Participates regularly with other church staff members in greeting students arriving at the Redland Elementary School on Mondays during the school year.
- Participates in continuing education related to student ministries.
- Maintains a current certification in CPR.
- Maintains a current Commercial Driver’s License.
- Performs other duties as assigned.