Job and Ministry Opportunities
Introducing Official Recruiting Visit Days!
Beginning with this Spring semester of 2023, Asbury Theological Seminary will be offering two weeks each semester for Official Recruiting Visits. These will be optimal dates for different conferences, churches, chaplaincy programs, mission agencies, ministries, and other organizations to connect with our students on the Wilmore campus. The designated dates for Spring 2023:
- March 21-23
- April 25-27
If you are part of a ministry, church, or other organization who has open positions or internships available, and would like more information about joining us in this new connection opportunity, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859.858.2085.
We seek to inform all our alumni of all opportunities available to them. The doctrine and theology represented in the job descriptions below may not reflect the theological stance of Asbury Theological Seminary. They have been provided by individual churches, ministries, and employers, and will reflect those organizations’ values.
Please email any job opportunities you know of to email@example.com. Do not add them as comments to this article, as they are unlikely to be seen.
**For a wider range of current listings, please visit our jobs board on Connect.**
SENIOR PASTOR AT OAK DALE CHURCH (SALISBURY, PA)
Oak Dale Church in Salisbury, PA is currently seeking applications for Senior Pastor. The role of the Senior Pastor is to assist the Elders in overseeing the life and direction of the church. The Senior Pastor will have a firm grasp on the purpose, values, and strategy of the church and the ability to align ordained and lay staff and key leadership teams with its mission. The Senior Pastor will offer pastoral leadership to the congregation alongside clergy and lay ministers. For further information please contact Wayne Tiemersma at 301-876-3561 or visit https://oakdalechurch.net/job-position-openings for job description and application.
FULL-TIME PASTOR AT CIMARRON AND KALVEST METHODIST CHURCHES (SOUTHWESTERN KS)
Cimarron and Kalvesta Methodist Churches are located in southwestern Kansas. Our strong and effective lay leadership, along with our pastor, led our Churches to disaffiliate from The United Methodist Church effective 10-1-2022. We are now Global Methodist congregations. We have 3 and 4 generation families with a full-time director of youth and children ministries. Our pastor of 12 years is retiring 7-1-2023. Since we are in the transition period before the Convening Conference of the Global Methodist Church, we are now seeking a pastor who will lead us into this new spirit-filled expression of Methodism. The church provides a nice, spacious 5-bedroom parsonage for use by our pastor. Salary is in the $55 – 75k range.
Contact our SPRC Chair, Lana, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEVERAL FACULTY POSITIONS AT INTERNATIONAL TEACHERS COLLEGE, UNIVERSITAS PELITA HARAPAN (JAKARTA, INDONESIA)
The International Teachers College (ITC) at Universitas Pelita Harapan (UPH, University of Light and Hope), a Christian college emphasizing the liberal arts in the Reformed tradition, invites missionary-minded academics to apply for a full-time faculty position in Theology for Education. Established in 2014, ITC has drawn more than 200 students from over twenty
different countries (https://www.uph.edu/en/international-teachers-college/). ITC graduates earn Indonesian- and American-accredited degrees from UPH and Corban University (Salem, OR).
There are several available positions, including faculty positions in:
- Theology and Education
- Primary Education
- Mathematics (Secondary Education)
- Education Curriculum and Instruction
- Education and the English Language
Salary (DOE) and benefits are provided by UPH and for expats include housing, flights, visa, education waivers or discounts for children at local International IB school, uniforms, salary, and local living allowance. Salary level is determined by experience and related degrees. The numeric growth of the Christian church, an increased interest in Christian schooling, and new freedoms in many Asian countries make for a time of unique possibilities in one of the most populous regions in the world. For more information, please contact our ITC administration: ApplyITC@uph.edu
To apply, please visit our application website and be prepared to submit the following:
1. CV, personal, and spiritual information
2. Philosophy of Education Statement
3. Electronic Signature to the WCF and UPH Statement of Faith
DIRECTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRIES AT GRAY CHURCH (GRAY, GA)
Gray Church (disaffiliating from UMC and aligning with Global Methodist in May)
117 S. Jefferson St.
Gray, Georgia 31032
STATUS: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
HOURS: 40 Hours per week
SALARY RANGE: $40-$60K depending on experience and education, with room for advancement
General Purpose of Position:
To build young disciples for Christ who continue in genuine faith once they become adults.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
Supervised by the Senior Pastor in cooperation with the Staff Parish Relations committee.
The Primary Task:
To develop and implement a comprehensive approach to youth ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model. This includes:
-love youth where they are
-encourage youth in developing their relationship to God
-provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth
-challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world
- Be an advocate for youth and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of youth in the local church and community.
- Plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
- Mentor youth in developing their leadership skills.
- Be aware of resources for developing the youth ministry programming and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
- Recruit and train volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and youth ministries.
- Coordinate Sunday school curriculum for youth (grades 6-12) and recruit teachers.
- Coordinate and teach Confirmation classes in partnership with the pastor and provide leadership for confirmands, mentors, and parents beyond the classroom.
- Manage the youth ministry budget.
- Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, handout, Remind app, social media, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
- Make yourself available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality.
- Ensure that the Safe Sanctuary Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- A deep relationship with Jesus Christ rooted in prayer and the scriptures.
- Must embrace Christian discipline and orthodox, Wesleyan doctrine and theology.
- Preferred: a bachelor’s degree.
- Preferred: 2+ years of ministry experience.
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must posses a proven ability to work effectively with youth and teams of volunteers.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or apply via Indeed.
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY AT FIRST PROTESTANT CHURCH (NEW BRAUNFELS, TX)
The Director of Children’s Ministry will work in tandem with the Director of Student Ministry to minister to families through the creation of a warm and Christ-centered environment where the church, in partnership with parents, provides a strong community of faith for children from birth through fifth grade where they can gain a Biblical foundation, learn what it means to follow Jesus, and be given opportunities to join in on the local mission of the Church through loving acts of service.
The Springs at FPC Children’s Ministry:
Our Children’s Ministry is currently growing with about 20-30 kids on a typical Sunday and we have realized that it is time for someone to take on this ministry on a full-time basis to best serve our families and help foster our continued growth. We have a well established Sunday morning ministry and various summer events such as VBS, but we are eager to launch a new Wednesday night ministry for kids.
In addition to serving First Protestant Church’s families, our Children’s Director will also work with First Protestant School (FPS) which is our daycare and Pre-K that has over 200 enrolled children. Our Children’s Director will teach weekly chapel lessons, act as an ambassador of FPC for FPS families, and be a support resource for our teachers to competently and confidently teach Biblical curriculum.
Who Are We?
The First Protestant Church of New Braunfels (FPC) was founded in 1845. For 178 years FPC has been a pillar of our thriving community and served the Kingdom through Biblical teaching, Christian service, supporting missions, and facilitating worship and fellowship.
If you would like to know a little bit more about our history and what we believe please visit our church’s 101 page
We are looking for someone who:
- Agrees with and will minister in full accordance with the Evangelical Association’s ‘Core Beliefs’ statement. (See: evangelicalassociation.org )
- Walks with Jesus and is being actively conformed to his image.
- Embodies servant-leadership
- Is full of warmth and love for people, especially children.
- Has a knack for teaching children in an engaging way.
- Is grounded in Biblical truth and who is eager to help teach it to others.
- Someone who can recruit and manage volunteers.
- Doesn’t overlook the details.
- Is a team player.
- Is FUN!
- Is imperfect, but allows themselves to be used by a perfect savior.
- A formal theological education is a great plus, but not necessary.
- At least one year of ministry experience working with kids. (Church ministry, camp ministry, after-school programs, internships, etc.)
- Assist the Student Ministry Director in recruiting, training, and motivating a team of volunteers to serve First Protestant in our ministry to children and their families.
- Assist the Student Ministry Director in teaching Sunday school classes and Children’s Church each Sunday morning.
- Teach Chapel lessons at First Protestant School.
- Work to build a bridge of communication and coordination between First Protestant School and First Protestant Church.
- Teach Wednesday night children’s Bible study.
- Assist with Children’s Ministry special events (VBS, camp, service projects, etc.)
- Coordinate with the Director of Student Ministry for shared ministry events and to effectively transition children into the youth ministry.
- Clearly and creatively communicate with the congregation and the New Braunfels community about the children’s ministry.
- Support and promote the ministry vision of The First Protestant Church of New Braunfels as expressed by the Senior Minister and Church Council.
- Senior Minister and Director of Student Ministry
Full-Time commiserate with experience plus benefits (Retirement, insurance, and educational assistance.)
What to do:
If you feel like FPC may be right for you then email a cover letter and resume with contact information to Pastor Tyler Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org
SENIOR PASTOR AT CORINTH FIRST CHURCH OF GOD (KING’S MOUNTAIN, KY)
- Part-time (with potential to grow into Full Time)
- Ability to Commute or Relocate
- Parsonage Housing/Utilities
- Salary open for discussion based on experience, qualifications and housing.
About Corinth First Church of God:
Affiliated with Church of God, Anderson IN (https://www.jesusisthesubject.org/). We are a small country church located near Kings Mountain in Casey County, KY committed to loving and serving each other and our rural community with all the resources the Lord has graciously given us. We gather weekly to worship God in song, share our joys and hardships, receive teaching, encouragement and correction from the Word of God and the Holy Spirit so we may be fully committed and equipped for God’s purposes. Our hearts ache for the lost and hurting and we desire to reach beyond the walls of our beautiful church building to share the love and compassion of Jesus with those who have never heard or understood that God loves them just as they are and desires to be their “way maker, miracle worker, promise keeper and light in their darkness”. The departure of our Pastor that has served for 8 years has opened an opportunity for another to now serve.
We believe Pastors must follow Jesus, lead their families and then care for the congregation as detailed In Titus 1 and 1 Timothy 3. These qualifications should not be viewed as a legalistic checklist, but rather a reminder of the perfection of Christ that a Pastor pursues by loving the Jesus of the gospel with all his heart and living out the ramifications of that gospel by the power of the Holy Spirit. Teaching is the only ability-based qualification listed amongst the many character qualities. That teaching must be based on sound Bible doctrine communicated with excellence. The Pastor is a manager of God’s resources and Jesus’s flock, taking responsibility but not ownership.
- Conducts weekly Sunday morning and evening services.
- Oversees Wednesday youth meetings and adult bible study
- Spends time in prayer and bible study for inspiration and preparation of messages
- Officiates baby dedications, weddings, baptisms and funerals.
- Responds daily to email and voicemail, answering messages from congregants.
- Meets with members of the congregation to help strengthen their faith or overcome significant life changes.
- Conducts visitation for prayer and support for elderly, sick or injured congregants and their families.
- Seeks out opportunities to help the local community.
- Presides at all board and committee business sessions as outlined by the church bylaws.
- He shall exercise general supervision over all the affairs of the church.
- B.S. in Bible/Pastoral and/or a Post-Graduate Biblical Education (can be in process)
- Prefer some ministry work history, but any ministry experience including volunteer is helpful.
Resume may be submitted by mail or email to:
Corinth First Church of God
Allen Gadberry Pulpit Committee Chair
1962 N KY 501
Kings Mountain, KY 40442
FULL-TIME MINISTER TO YOUTH AND THEIR FAMILIES AT CALVARY BAPTIST CHURCH (LEXINGTON, KY)
Calvary Baptist Church in Lexington, KY is seeking a full-time Minister to Youth and Their Families in combination with an additional area of ministry to be determined by the candidate’s calling, experience and passion. We are a church that values relationships, spiritual growth in Christ and missions. We are searching for candidates who are committed to discipling young people and fostering their growth as leaders, passionate about partnering with families and open to the diversity that Calvary values. Calvary is located in the heart of Lexington between the University of Kentucky campus and a thriving downtown and is affiliated with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, CBF of KY and the Baptist World Alliance. If interested, please submit a resume with a cover letter to youthsearch@
Leave a Reply