D.Min. Application Process
- Application Form
- $50 non-refundable application fee
Meet one of the following three sets of criteria:
- Earned an M.Div. degree AND have at least three years of substantial ministry experience;
- Earned 72 hours Master’s degree with 30 hours of Bible, theology, church history, doctrine, ministry practice AND have at least three years of substantial ministry experience; or
- Completed a Master’s degree that is theological in nature, with 30 hours of Bible, theology, church history, doctrine, ministry practice AND have at least 3 years of substantial ministry experience AND participate in an interview (in person or online) with the D.Min. Director, Associate Director or D.Min. faculty member AND submit an exegetical assignment to be evaluated by two faculty members at a “Developing” level or above. Watch this video for exegetical assignment highlights.
- Complete the Personal History Essay and Resume Form
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions attended sent to Admissions directly from the institutions
- Letter of congregational or institutional approval
- References from:
- A leading lay person in your present church
- Your immediate supervisor in ministerial appointment (e.g., your District Superintendent)
- Two colleagues
- A research paper written during your Master of Divinity degree (or educational equivalent). Paper guidelines.
- For applicants whose primary language is not English, a TOEFL score of 550 (79 internet-based) or an IELTS score of 7. TOEFL Waivers are available on a limited basis to students who have received a degree from the U.S. or Canada. Ideally, your TOEFL should be less than 5 years old. You may download a TOEFL waiver form here. The request will be considered, but not guaranteed.
- Note: Web Access: Registration, course schedules, syllabi and much of the program’s communication is online: asbury.to/dmin
- After your application has been received, members of the D.Min Admissions team will carefully and prayerfully examine your documents and contact you at appropriate points along the journey.
- File completion deadline: December 1. Applications must be submitted online. All application requirements must be completed by this date.
- Updated File completion deadline for the Preaching and Leading Orlando Cohort: July 1, 2020. Applications must be submitted online. All application requirements must be completed by this date.
- Those desiring to participate in the Preaching and Leading cohort will be considered for a percentage of the Preaching and Leading Beeson Scholarship.
- You will receive notice of your admittance to the D.Min program with complete instructions for how to proceed.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org