Updates, Events, and Publications
ATS ALUM (D.MIN. ’19) THE REV. DR. SIMON THIONGO WRITES HOPE FOR THE POOR: THE ROLE OF THE CHURCH IN POVERTY ERADICATION
Born out of extensive research and enriched with experience from the author’s life as a clergy and then as a proponent of economic empowerment, this book is a vital tool in the hands of those ready to be challenged to become part of the movement to support the less fortunate. The Rev. Simon has extensively discussed the design of God for helping the needy, from the regulations that guaranteed provision for the poor in the Old Testament to the pro-poor programs modeled by the Lord Jesus Christ. And, finally, to the early church’s example of oneness and sharing.
Beyond that, this book will change your mindset and reprogram you for action. In particular, you will understand:
- Why the church should be in the frontline, teaching and implementing ways to empower her people;
- Practical ways through which you can be part of the poverty eradication movement;
- Major setbacks that could hinder any poverty eradication efforts;
- How to dismantle limiting foundations and instead build enabling ones for self- sustainability;
- Practical, tried and tested methods that you can use for holistic ministry and much more!
Rev. Dr. Thiongo’s book will be available on Amazon and Kindle soon!
REV. DR. LAZARUS NELSON NAICKER (ATS D.MIN. ’04) WRITES NO ORDINARY PREY
Dr. Naicker’s book is a brief but powerful volume. It serves as an encouragement to Christians fighting the good fight every day. Published by Trinity Christian Publishing, his book is available through Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and other venders.