Dr. Paul A. Tippey
Dean of Library, Information, and Technology Services
- Library Services
- Academic Technology
- Instructional Design
- Research Design
- Organizational Leadership
- Institutional Assessment & Accreditation
- B.A., Greenville College, 1999
- M.A.T.S., Asbury Theological Seminary, 2004
- M.S.M.L.I.S., University of Illinois, 2007
- Ph.D. Regent University, 2014
Dr. Paul A. Tippey is Dean of Library, Information, and Technology Services at Asbury Theological Seminary.
Dr. Tippey currently serves on the Steering Committee for the Federation of Kentucky Academic Libraries, as well as the Free Methodist Historical Society Committee, and has participated in accreditation visits for both the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and the Association of Theological Schools. He is a past vice president on the Steering Committee for the Federation of Kentucky Academic Libraries, served on the Teaching and Learning Steering Committee of the American Theological Library Association, Center for the Study of World Christian Revitalization Movements, the Institutional Review Board, and a member of Technology in Theological Education Group Steering Committee of the Association of Theological Schools.
Dr. Tippey serves as a member of the Academic Council, Curriculum Committee, Executive Committee of the Wesleyan Studies Summer Seminar (WSSS), and the Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment at Asbury Theological Seminary.
Dr. Tippey is a member of the following professional organizations: The American Academy of Religion, ALA (American Library Association), ATLA (American Theological Library Association), ACL (Association of Christian Libraries), FOKAL (Federation of Kentucky Academic Libraries), The Greenleaf Center for Servant-Leadership, Regent Leadership Society, TTEG Committee (Technology in Theological Education Group), The Marston Memorial Historical Society (Free Methodist), the SWCA (Southeastern Writing Center Association), and The Wesleyan Theological Society. He has published articles exploring topics ranging from librarianship to leadership, including recent publications:
- Estes, J., Stephens, M. K., Rogers, C. A., Keck, A., Tippey, P. A., Goodwin, S., Kuehn, E., … Berryhill, C. M. (2020). Shifting stacks: A look at the future of theological libraries in celebration of Atla’s 75th Anniversary.
- Bartholomew, J., Tippey P., and Veldheer, K. (June 2013). Supporting Online Education: Provision & Assessment of Resources and Services. American Theological Library Association, Summary Of Proceedings, 66.
- Krieger, A. G., Limpitlaw, A., Morrison, G., & Tippey, P. A. (2011). Twenty-first century reference collections: issues and strategies. American Theological Library Association Summary Of Proceedings, 65 316-321.
- Endicott, J., & Tippey P. A. (2010). Library Research: Technology Techniques that are Supplementing Face-to Face Research Support. American Theological Library Association Summary Of Proceedings, 64 283-284.