New Testament Scholar Craig Keener Speaks Around the World
Dr. Craig Keener, FM and Ada Thompson Professor of Biblical Studies at Asbury Seminary, recently was part of a select group of scholars under the direction of Archbishop Justin Welby working on Bible study materials for use in the Anglican Communion’s next Lambeth Conference.
“I am extremely honored and grateful to the Archbishop and to others at Lambeth Palace for the discussions and spiritually enriching worship times together,” Keener noted.
Dr. Keener is a sought after speaker, and has completed several significant speaking engagements in recent months. These include:
- Vinson Synan Lectureship, Oral Roberts University, on Spirit Hermeneutics, March 29, 2018.
- March 2018: Vida Nova Conference, Brazil (three plenary lectures about the work of the Holy Spirit)
- May 2018: Intensive Course on Matthew for the Greek Bible College in Athens
- September 2018: a lecture for Sts. Cyril and Methodius Institute for Post-Graduate Studies; Moscow, Russia (sponsored by Society for New Testament Studies and the Russian Orthodox Church)
- November 2018: Plenary speaker for the Evangelical Theological Society (ETS), as well as served as Vice President of ETS this year
Additionally, he gives papers at academic conferences (including at the Society for Pentecostal Studies in March; and, in November, six academic papers during ETS, Institute for Biblical Research and the Society for Biblical Literature); addressed ethnic reconciliation, with Médine, at the Vineyard Scholars Conference in June; and has done recent webinars for seminaries in South Africa and the Philippines. When not speaking, you’ll find Dr. Keener researching, writing articles or working on his latest book.
He recently released Galatians (New Cambridge Bible Commentary series); The Mind of the Spirit: Paul’s Approach to Transformed Thinking, Spirit Hermeneutics: Reading Scripture in Light of Pentecost and The NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible.